Fine tuning for the HSC (1 Viewer)

Affinity

HSC
anyone have any tips? I seem to make quite a substantial number of silly mistakes...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
if your making mistakes the rest of us must be failing...

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
I agree, but then failing with 40% constitutes some high HSC mark..

I'm fine tuning my HSC skills by walking up to sydney grammar, and going to the head teacher of maths.

"I challenge you!"

N

ND

Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah...i know 'ei....if the top student in the state making "silly" mistakes...then god help us!:(
Ummm i think you're confusing Affinity with turtle.

I've got the same problem, i'm just hoping the problem will rectify itself through doing many past papers (i haven't actually started doing any though :rolleyes: ).

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Silly mistakes come from carelessness. Carelessness comes from lack of concentration.

If you could somehow get your concentration rate much higher, maybe sleep well beforehand?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Affinity
anyone have any tips? I seem to make quite a substantial number of silly mistakes...
yeah, i make silly mistakes, but for me i think it happens coz the fact that i am very messy in my working....i mean i sometimes can't even read my own writing:mad1: ... so when i am copying the line above....i make silly mistakes that way...

another way i found is that i sometimes i get hooked into the algebra so much that i tune out about what the questions actually about...so i lose marks for not answering the question properly (if u know what i mean).:D

Avicenna

my physix teacher said that cos we were going through so many trials and all that our brains were being deprived of rest and sleep (obviously)...so he said we need to take a deep breath and just carry on.....i just wish i could take that deep breath :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i make silly mistakes as well and i concentrate.. i think

yeah, i loose marks for not answering qs properly as well. like, i know what working i have to do, but not what q i'm answering

is a roflcopter
HSC
I DONT MAKE SILLY MISTAKES MUAHAHAAHA

i just cant bloody do them fullstop :(

Excalibur

"Silly mistakes come from carelessness. Carelessness comes from lack of concentration." brilliant underthesun
i totally agree, i used to make so many silly mistakes and was sittin on bout 55% but if you just practice Q's and mainly practice focusing on Q's then UR set. I got 63% in my trial (western regoin trial ) and i think that is why.
PLus i kicked my rival (exgirlfriend's) ass so it was worth all the concentration ;)

is a roflcopter
HSC
can you post this western region trial?

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Doing more questions will definitely help with carelessness. But I think its more to do with the pressure during the test. You don't want to be too pressured during the test which will lose you the marks. But you want good pressure that will drive you on and help maintain your concentration.

What I do is I literally race my friends doing maths problems :p I'm now starting to take lots of short cuts, in algebra, which is annoying because I'm afraid I'll lose marks in the HSC for doing so. But its really testing my concentration so thats good.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Originally posted by Excalibur
my rival (exgirlfriend's)
woah, what a situation you got!

I heard this sometimes ago, but here goes:

"It seems that the more work I do, the luckier I get".

It's off some famous person, so I guess practice makes you less careless :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)