FINS Electives!!! (1 Viewer)

JackyS

HSC
I've finished all my core courses and was wondering do you guys have any recommendations for the FINS electives?!
I'm looking for an interesting subject... yet also a subject where its pretty easy to get marks...

I know options is one of the harder ones... but I'm wondering has anyone done emerging capital markets, venture capital or Bank Financial Management... or any other fins courses you would recommend to me...

thanks

haru

HSC
If you wanna do wam booster ones, i suggest
Wealth mgmt
BFM
International Banking

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I don't want to be stuck with Kingsley Fong, or heaps of group assignments.

So what would be easier: Security Analysis and Valuation or Interest rate risk mgmt.

I know they are both hard.f:haha:

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Has anyone done options? It sounds interesting to me, is it harder than 2624 (portfolio management)?
OP - I heard that Wealth Management isn't really numbers focussed and pretty easy.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Has anyone done options? It sounds interesting to me, is it harder than 2624 (portfolio management)?
I did options last semester. It was harder than fins2624, but not terribly difficult. You just have quite a bit of time studying it.

phillipli35

HSC
I did ACF in my second yr and I'm doing international banking now, I do recommend both of them.

ACF is hard but interesting and it's IB stuff I guess, you have to prepare for tutorials (reading financial news) but otherwise it's not too much work. The only disadvantage is having to listen to Kinglsey and not fall asleep lol.

International Banking is probably one of the more interesting courses I've had in that I don't actually get fully bored while listening in a finance lecture, the course topics are quite interesting and it's just one mid and final exam (50% each) so it's breezy.

What I don't recommend is IMM cause the lectures are all over the place and you have no idea what to expect for the mid session, not to mention you don't learn much at all (probably just excel and stata at most).

phillipli35

HSC
Now that you mentioned it has anyone done the following, I'm thinking of doing them next semester:

FINS3630 Bank Financial Management
FINS3641 Security Valuation and Analysis
FINS3775 RM in finance 1

Just want to know what it's about, how hard and whether the lecturers are good, thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)