FINS1612 help.. (1 Viewer)

nick.milevski

HSC
I picked this elective and i was just wondering whether i'd be able to cope without having did 2u maths in high school. i only did general. i did really well in general but yes it was pretty generalised lol. has any1 else here done it or is going to do it that might be able to help?

Affinity

HSC
you'll be fine.. for this course atleast..

nick.milevski

HSC
lol oh dear i dont like the way u said for this course atleast. wud i have to worry about any of the core subjects involving hardcore maths??

Affinity

HSC
depends on what you'll majpr in.
see how you go QMA and QMB

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
you have to have done 2u for qma/qmb and finance maths is harder than qma/qmb; that being said though 1612 is mainly theory and just subbing into formula's. you should probably take a bridging course first semester if you havn't already.

nick.milevski

HSC
is it too late to take a bridging course? like arent they on b4 semester begins or can i take a bridging course during first semester? who do i speak to about this at uni?

Affinity

HSC
don't worry...1612 is nothing a kindergarten kid can't do

HSC
bridging course is good, but id say youll only benefit in the last 2 weeks of it when they teach applications of calculus. but be prepared to be hit hard and fast when QMA comes

Last edited:

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I only did "ok" in 2U math and I'm doing finance...do you think I will be able to cope with the later finance subjects?

Tired

HSC
Lol cant you guys just enjoy your life until uni starts? Just wait till it starts and judge for yourself. Eventually you are going to have to make your own decisions kiddies, don't let others make them for you.:):) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)