FINS2624 & FINS3616 (1 Viewer)

phungus

HSC
FINS2624 Portfolio Mgmt
FINS3616 International Business Finance

Are both these subjects hardcore? Would it be a good idea to take both of these subjects in semester 1? Are there lots of assessments and quizes? I'm thinking of doing that but i'm afraid they both might take heaps and heaps of time of study and that it is unmanageable.

Thx

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Both are very good subjects.
I'd recommend doing them at the same time, because 2624 helps you with your 3616, otherwise if you do 3616 in sem 2 like me, you forget bits and pieces.

2624 is also much more difficult than 3616.
Ports had 1 mid session, 2 group assignments, 1 group presentation, 1 final, cp marks.
IBF had 1mid session, cp marks, and 1 final.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
How is IBF, what is the assessment like, M/C? Any math or just theory?

Shawny

2624 is a shit course

its poorly structured wif feldman being a total shit fuker in giving out incomplete 1 page lecture notes and the exam based 95% on wat he says in the lectures rather than prescribed readings..

2624 is fucking bullshit mate

Shawny

though tats not to say the course content is bullshit
the course content is actually quite useful and insightful from an acadmic pov.

just the way its taught

and yip despite being a tight arse teaches compared to feldman

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
How about fins3616, is the exams based on what the lecturer says like fins2624?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
3616 is VERY straight forward.

90% of exam questions are carbon copy of the Conceptual and Problem questions u do for ur tute work. And they're not very hard at all.
The book's an easy read, and so are the lecture notes.

I went to about 3 lectures and got a D - so i dont even remember the voice of the lecturer.

Just stick to the notes, book, and tute questions. Ppl say that for every subject, but it's definately true and works for IBF.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Grizzly said:
I went to about 3 lectures and got a D - so i dont even remember the voice of the lecturer.
But you are naturally gifted! So it doesn't count. :p

mashi

Elite
HSC
If you are looking to do the 2 core fins subjects.. would doing applied corporate finance as well be a bad idea?

im tossing up between that and acct2a management accounting.. which i dont really want to do but 2b is not offered in sem1.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
I think doing them all at one go would be an advantage, most of the theory overlap, it's like killing 3 birds with 1 stone. I already forgot most of 1612 and 1613, and probably have to re-learn everything like options theory from scratch.

ricenoodles

HSC
mashi said:
If you are looking to do the 2 core fins subjects.. would doing applied corporate finance as well be a bad idea?

im tossing up between that and acct2a management accounting.. which i dont really want to do but 2b is not offered in sem1.
From what my friends have told me, ACF is one of the more difficult finance courses. Most of them struggled through the course compared to other finance courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)