FINS3635-Options, futures and risk mgmt (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Is this course really hard? How would it compare to the four core subjects?

I have enrolled in it, but I don't want it to bring down my wam dramatically considering I will be pursuing a career in accounting. I thought it sounded useful in comparison to subjects such as wealth mgmt...my friend has just spoken to someone who did it last semester and they found it difficult.

Is it hard to achieve a distinction if you work hard? I don't mind if I have to work hard, I just don't want it to be impossible :D

schmeichung

HSC
Its easy if you have basic financial knowledge
you may say its an extension of FINS2624 (but not really becoz I think the difficulty is comparable)
HD or D are certainly possible if you work "hard" (really depending on how you define hard)
but no..its not that relevant if you want to be an accountant/auditor
FINS3635 is more investment related

Loz_metalhead

HSC

The tutorial this week was hopeless. My tutor was unprepared and had no idea what she was doing. She kept changing her mind about the working out and I'm sure people left the tute more confused.

schmeichung

HSC
I only attended 2-3 tuts for FINS3635
don't think its necessary to attend lectures/tuts if you are capable of self-study effectively (the material is not hard to understand at all)

ace

is retired
HSC
Be one with the Hull textbook (and instructors manual can be found in the closed reserve section of the Library).

Do all the chapter questions (before looking at the answers) and the course will be a breeze.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Thanks. I just found out about the instructors manual having the assignment answers. Don't have to depend on my tutors cryptic solutions now.

K

ken098

Hi,

I am thinking of enrolling into this subject in S2 2009.

I have a few questions:

After having done a substantial portion of this subject how have you found it?
What core finance subject is it most similar to?
Are the group assignments managable?

And also, where do you find that instructors manual? I have never heard of the closed section of the library (is it mycourse reserve?)

Cheers,
Ken

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
the subject is fine, not too hard. probably in line with 1613. i dont really attend lectures but my tutor is really good and the group assignments are always manageable?

also, the textbook comes with a solutions manual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)