• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fire Alarm during exam (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Today in one of my half yearly exams a fire alarm went off and i lost concentration. My brother and mum say I should apply for Special Consideration but i dont think its worth it....what do you think would be best to do?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Peartie said:
Today in one of my half yearly exams a fire alarm went off and i lost concentration. My brother and mum say I should apply for Special Consideration but i dont think its worth it....what do you think would be best to do?
The worst thing that could happen if you apply is they say no.
I know that sounds really lame and you've probably already thought of it from that view but thats all the advice I can give. Im no expert of Special Considerations and Im not pretending to be but I dont see what would be wrong with applying. I say go for it.

line_backer

HSC
wat is 'special consideration'?
shouldn't you talk to your teacher/school to get compensation?

btw the problem sounds minor, this shit happens all the time e.g. when you put ur hand up for an extra writing booklet and the examiner doesn't see you for 2-3 minutes...

stainmepink

HSC
what so you guys didint evacuate the exam room even if the alarm went off?

sometimes that happens because some gf/bf of a student calls off a bombscare so that his/her gf/bf doesnt have to sit for the exam. well that happens all the time with us.

Peartie

HSC
line_backer said:
wat is 'special consideration'?
Special consideration is where your marks get reviewed or where the marks are discounted and you are given a mark based on previous assessments.

lol

nah it was a year nine kid who thought itd be cool.....

and they were at the front debating for like 5 minutes as to wether we should or not...so distracting (for me neway)

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Get over it, it would have affected everyone, you ain't special in that regard.

santaslayer

HSC
You have no grounds for consideration since, as Jess has pointed out, you were all in the same boat. You could, however, remind the school in future to be much more considerate and alter their times for fire alarms so it doesn't disturb people who are in exam conditions. Or you could ask the teacher to remake another exam in which case, you will be highly unpopular amongst your other collegues. :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
throughout my half yearlys i had to deal with juniors yelling outside. man that firealarm is nothing compared to constant noise?!

stainmepink

HSC
wrong_turn said:
throughout my half yearlys i had to deal with juniors yelling outside. man that firealarm is nothing compared to constant noise?!

you should smack the juniors ... juniors piss me off so much.

Peartie

HSC
Yea......I actually didnt think it worth it its just my mum saying "go for it.....you deserve it" so on and so forth....It was annoying but

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
wrong_turn said:
Haw, haw.

We went to the local showground. The very same grounds where Russel Crowe picked a fight with his footy umpire, dotchajustknownow. Although, the serene silence was frequently smashed by a fatty-fatty-boombaladdy examiner we affectionately call "pudding"...to her face.

Everyone is disturbed by something...bwahahahahahaaaaaa :chainsaw:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
wrong_turn said:
Exactly, our trials the kids had gone to something and all came back with whistles, and were blowing them right outside the hall (where our exam was), + the usual screaming and stuff + the teachers getting on the loud speakers yelling at the kids to stop using the whistles and stuff.

stainmepink

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Exactly, our trials the kids had gone to something and all came back with whistles, and were blowing them right outside the hall (where our exam was), + the usual screaming and stuff + the teachers getting on the loud speakers yelling at the kids to stop using the whistles and stuff.

and after the exam you should have smacked a few of them up for ruining your life.

richz

they shud set another exam, so everyone can do it again. But i doubt it becuz everyone was disadvantaged

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
during my 1/2 yearlies, trials AND HSC we had the primary school kids banging on the hall door that is on their side of the grounds.the supervisors told them to get lost which was even more distracting. so yeah you arent in any special boat... although u can only try if u want to

Merro

I don't live in Byron, but I live in one of the to
HSC
I actually have a concentration problem... which sucks. GO BACK TO WORK MERRO! No! It's a shiny thing! GO BACK TO WORK!!! Hey look! A fluffy pink pillow! That's my study for you. :)

I was doing my 1/2 yearlies and people started to fight outside, and then there someone started playing a really good song and I just couldn't concentrate because it was such a good song...

GARG!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)