Fire/ Bomb Threat/ False Alarm (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Did anyone do a test/or was at UTS on Monday in the morning? In the middle of the test they evacuated the building for 20 mins because of something. Does anybody know why they evacuated us?

It was a coincidence though...

HSC
that was mad shit. everybody cheated. lol

ah well, as long as i got the 40% retainer, im happy lol

no more ocmp fun !!!!

MoNNiE

HSC
yeah intro to electrical had there exam in the great hall..
Apparently it was cus of burning toast!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
UTS and fire alarms, grr.... where I live, the fire alarm is set off usually once a week. Sometimes in the early hours of the morning... e.g. a couple of weeks ago the americans set it off because they were baking cookies at 3am (must have been hash cookies if you ask me!!!)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
i had chem 1A exam on that morning.

it was very funny.

although im not a strong catholic.. i do pray before exams and pretty regularly..

anyway.. i prayed the night before and just before the exam started.. i know i needed alot of help coz chemistry was my weakest subject...

i used the 10mins reading time.. read from back to front.. and left the questions i didn't know how to do last.

there was this particular formula that i forgot.. and i mean forgot. before i went into the exam, i was confident that i would at least remember the formula.

I faultered. in my head i go " i sure would love to look at my notes now". about 30 secs after i thought about that, the fire alarm went off in the far distance. i recognised it coz it was similiar to the one we had at school.

anyway.. we were told to remain sitted until told to evacuate.

The alarm spread to our building which became chronically loud in our room (building 2), a tute room.

The evacuation order was given. I took all my notes and my bag. I did the quickest skim read of my life outside. my mates were going to me "why read? they're gonna reschedule coz its considered cheating" .. i just told myself they were not ...

anyway in the end we were told to get back in.. the exam was extended for 20mins and i had a fresh mind of formula's in my head. i did the question with breeze to an extent :)

I don't know if it god's work or just pure luck but either way.. i was very grateful for those 10-15mins that we stood out there for me to have a quick look at my notes.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by skip to my lou
that was mad shit. everybody cheated. lol

ah well, as long as i got the 40% retainer, im happy lol

no more ocmp fun !!!!
yeah lets hope so... i couldnt sit through those lectures again

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Ahh I wish a fire alarm had gone off during my CMS exam, lol.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Yeah IEE....we walked outside asking each other whats the answer to the first question.. thats how unprepared we were :D

Some people were said we didn't have to sit the exam, but they took us back in and gave us another 25 min

stupid me, I forgot a formula...which was an important one, and I didnt even look it up with the time we had :(

Acid

HSC
This is really putting me off going to UTS next year.. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Chand
stupid me, I forgot a formula...which was an important one, and I didnt even look it up with the time we had :(
I know people who cheated like that.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Acid
This is really putting me off going to UTS next year.. :)
That's...wonderful. You're in the discussion forum for UTS students and people with questions about UTS. If you want the VC's PR department, either go to www.uts.edu.au or ask the BA Communications people, they'd be glad to practice on you. :p

xGSiR

I was doing my Accounting exam, basically everyone quickly told each other's answers hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)