fire drill (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

far out.. i'm on the stage in E7B practising for my exam, and the fire drill goes off.
There wasnt even a fire!

It was pouring wet outside! why couldnt they have found a better day to set it off. noone moved for say 5 minutes.. they should really stop having false drills its gonna end up killing more people than saving lives.

buddys

HSC
so it was at uni....

i saw two fire trucks driving near the school on balaclava rd (i think thats the name of it:confused:) and i wasnt sure if they were from uni or not

how often do they hold these fire drills?

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
lol, it's pretty ironic to have a fire on a rainy day. I saw fire trucks drive onto campus too. Luckily, I wasn't in the buildings where the alarm went off :p

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
our econ200 lecture looked really peeved off, dunno why, 10mins left anyway...at least some had the right idea, one guy at the front sprinted off a couple of seconds after the fire drill started.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
LOL
so wat really happened that started it? Friend said somebody was smoking inside toilets, though I doubt that.
But those fire bridges did came fast, like within 10min. Wonder who pays for it, isn't that false fire drills cost 400bucks.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
...seems the fire drills are restricted to certain buildings. Have only ever seen/heard them in E7B and C5C.

God forbid we ever have to evacuate Macq theatre or C4A (Psych rooms) or X5B... we'd all be lost!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
and it happens in the library an awful lot...

i hate the ladies that just go skitzo and get crazy during a "pretend fire drill!"...i could see them making everyone panic in a real fire and there'de be a mad rush to the doors causing a stampede and pple would get hurties n stuff

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
God forbid we ever have to evacuate Macq theatre or C4A (Psych rooms) or X5B... we'd all be lost!
Actually, I was in X5B a few weeks ago when there was a fire drill, so we're safe there!:)

prusso

HSC
get over it

its an important drill

working on campus and learning how important things like think makes you think how hard it is to organise and co-ordinate

the days the drills are organised are sorted out with the fire brigade and they cant help it if it rains or your poor study is interrupted

id rather be safe knowing if sumthing like this was too happen in terms of an emergency that the ppl co-ordinating the evacuation would be experienced enough and know their job well enough to make sure everyone is safe and evacuated.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I saw it happen to - yet people were still freely walking between E5A and E7B on that suspended walk way, whilst everyone else was standing outside shivering in the cold :S weird...

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
prusso said:
get over it

its an important drill

working on campus and learning how important things like think makes you think how hard it is to organise and co-ordinate

the days the drills are organised are sorted out with the fire brigade and they cant help it if it rains or your poor study is interrupted

id rather be safe knowing if sumthing like this was too happen in terms of an emergency that the ppl co-ordinating the evacuation would be experienced enough and know their job well enough to make sure everyone is safe and evacuated.
Of course, prusso -- you're totally correct. None of us want to burn to death, and if we did, we'd post-humously bitch about how the uni had an obligation to carry out such exercises. ..I don't know that anyone's requesting that they stop them for those reasons.

But in the meantime we're humans -- who don't like being put out or having our routines interrupted -- and uni students --who are traditionally particularly vocal about such things..

...Isn't it interesting how the postcount on BOS seems to rise at exam time? *hurriedly goes back to his labour law*

prusso

HSC
it gets fkn annoying when ppl whinge about it, i work at the uni, and part of my job is to do with facilities

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
*shrugs on the white psychologist's coat*
aaahh so its importance is a cognitive dissonance/self-perception thing... mmm...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
aaahh so its importance is a cognitive dissonance/self-perception thing... mmm...
lol

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
*pulls SOC289 notes over*

Alternatively, prusso may not even be expressing his real personal views in order to partake in what is known as 'interaction for the sake of interaction', common amongst many internet-based forms of media as society tends to only register the interaction rather than the quality/opinion of what is actually communicated... as thus all parties (both initiator and audience) tend to freely take part in this interaction with little or no emotional/personal involvement...

*rolls eyes at self, and goes back to ARTS210 log*

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i thought the un igot over fire drills since i hadnt heard on in like weeks...btu then on monday there was one in c block...and it was pouring rain outside...n i was like wht

n i remember once all the babies in the child-care-centres in w5b were evacutated a few wks ago...

but these drills need to stop

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
there's only an influx of fire drills so they dont have to do it during exam time ... me thinkz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)