First Crash (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
All of his red paint I cleaned off so that wasnt to bad.
veterandoggy said:
wouldnt have been too bad if our car wasnt blue, or if the other car wasnt red.
And I got hit by a red camry........

Does anyone else see a pattern?

seremify007 said:
I scraped my car against a pole in Westfield Parramatta car park...
EEEEK!!!:eek: You're killing your car already??????

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought I told you Ciel... but yeh I scraped it before first service >__> ... but thankfully no damage thanks to the paint being so strong and that strip of chrome sticking out which kept the rest of my door panels from actually getting dented or anything.

Sabbo

HSC
I had a truck merge into me about just over a month ago. It happened on a three lane road. I was in the left and he was in the middle and when I was nearly past him (and just in his blindspot) he came over.
Thank god there was an empty bus bay but his front tire and my door nevertheless touched for a few secondswhich took a small chunck out of it (the nuts on his tire dug into my door).
We stopped and exchanged details. When I first called him after getting a quick quote at a smash repair ($700) he didn't believe it was worth that much so I got 3 more written quotes. Took me a while to get hold of him again and he told me then that he'd get his boss' insurance number but since then I haven't heard from him.
Been calling his place pretty much every week since the accident but I only ever reach his wife and last I spoke to her she hadn's seen him in like 2-3 weeks..nice relationship.
I can still drive around but I'm gonna have to do something about it soon since it's slowly starting to rust. Luckily I know a mechanic who'll help me fix it (since it's unlikley I'll get hold of the truckie soon).
Actually went up to the local police station a day after it happened cause someone told me i should report it just in case the guy would deny the accident ever happened. Since no one got injured, no vehicle had to be towed and no one was under the influence of drugs they didn't do anything.

Only way I'm gonna see some money is through legal action but I'll have to weigh it up if it's even worth it...

Oh well that's my story :)

Lessons learned: When passing trucks do it quickly
Unless you have comprehensive insurance it's a real bitch cause you have to chase the money up yourself
Never trust trucks (and other large vehicles for that matter)

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I hate bad drivers more than anything. If someone hit me because they did something that stupid I would be so pissed off. I'd be yelling and swearing at them for 10 minutes.

But if someone hit me by accident and they weren't doing something dumb I wouldn't have any problems with it, even if my car was totalled, as long as they accepted responsibility for it. I wouldn't swear or yell at them at all.

Jiga

But if someone hit me by accident and they weren't doing something dumb I wouldn't have any problems with it, even if my car was totalled, as long as they accepted responsibility for it. I wouldn't swear or yell at them at all.
Well even in my case where the guy did something dumb and hit me, what would swearing and yelling achieve? I was lucky in a sense that he was an old guy, he tried to pull the p-plater bullshit, he tried to somehow say I was at fault because he indicated despite me being right next to him when he did so directly after cutting across the middle lane etc..... but he folded prity easily.

And I got hit by a red camry........

Does anyone else see a pattern?
Haha, avoid red cars!

my Dad got a moist sponge, and we wiped off all the paint from the pole- it turns out the paint on my car (even though it was new) was stronger than the paint on the pole
Yeah thats what happened in my case, all of his paint came off... the little crack and paint taken off the bumper remains though :(

I had a truck merge into me about just over a month ago. It happened on a three lane road. I was in the left and he was in the middle and when I was nearly past him (and just in his blindspot) he came over.
Thank god there was an empty bus bay but his front tire and my door nevertheless touched for a few secondswhich took a small chunck out of it (the nuts on his tire dug into my door).
We stopped and exchanged details. When I first called him after getting a quick quote at a smash repair ($700) he didn't believe it was worth that much so I got 3 more written quotes. Took me a while to get hold of him again and he told me then that he'd get his boss' insurance number but since then I haven't heard from him.
Been calling his place pretty much every week since the accident but I only ever reach his wife and last I spoke to her she hadn's seen him in like 2-3 weeks..nice relationship.
I can still drive around but I'm gonna have to do something about it soon since it's slowly starting to rust. Luckily I know a mechanic who'll help me fix it (since it's unlikley I'll get hold of the truckie soon).
Actually went up to the local police station a day after it happened cause someone told me i should report it just in case the guy would deny the accident ever happened. Since no one got injured, no vehicle had to be towed and no one was under the influence of drugs they didn't do anything.
Unlucky! You cant really blame trucks for that sought of thing, when you consider people in cars with good vision cant change lanes properly I think they do a good job to limit the amount of crashes from changing lanes! But not wanting to fix the car, what a prick, do you have his address? Maybe, if he wasnt hostile that is, you should pay a visit before you commence repairs cos if you fix it yourself you wont be able to claim inusrnace on it would you?

Unless you have comprehensive insurance it's a real bitch cause you have to chase the money up yourself
Well I wish the other guy in my crash didnt have any insurance, Ive got third party damage insurance with Just Car Inusrance and they also cover my car if someone un-insured hits me for up to like $2000, provided you get their details etc [/Advertisement]

Sabbo

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Unlucky! You cant really blame trucks for that sought of thing, when you consider people in cars with good vision cant change lanes properly I think they do a good job to limit the amount of crashes from changing lanes! But not wanting to fix the car, what a prick, do you have his address? Maybe, if he wasnt hostile that is, you should pay a visit before you commence repairs cos if you fix it yourself you wont be able to claim inusrnace on it would you?
Yeh I know, that's why you have to be careful. You just don't think about this sort of thing with blindspots on trucks (they should be teaching that in L's test - "Don't Overtake turning vehicle" is not enough) so I had learn the hardway.
Well the guy lives in Mudgee so it's a pain in the arse (I'm in Sydney). Reason why it's so expensive is cause the smash repairers have to buy a new door (I have 90' Nissan) since they have to gurantee for their work; that's why they don't get it from the wreckers. So if i'll do it myself it will probably only be around 100-200$ which I will try to get off him (when we were exchanging details he actually told me he'd pay me for what the door would cost from a wreckers).

Been pretty busy with uni assessments latley so i have let off him for the last few weeks. It's also a bit hard threatening him if I just reach his wife; after all it's not her fault.

Next week I'll have a look what I can do legally, but I mean if it's gonna cost me like $500 to get a consultation with a lawyer it's not really worth doing so I'll see if i can get Legal aid or something and get them to write him a nice letter ;)

Will see how it turns out...

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
^ Did you even get his truck details? If he said the truck is company's property, you could trace it back to his workplace.. that's providing if you know the exact place and time you hit.. and if you got his numberplate.. description of truck (eg. company name?).. licence.. rararararara..

If that happened to me, I'd hunt him down for sure!

7th Sign

HSC
"would have called the cops"

lols cops only go to a accident if some on is hurt...

Jiga

Ahhhhh if its a relatively major crash, you should REPORT it to the cops..... particularly if their is a dispute as to who was at fault (Im not saying you ring them to get them to come :rolleyes:)....... unless of course you want the person to deny it ever occured :uhoh:

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:

That's not true.

The accident I was involved in was the camry behind me was too close, the car in front of me braked suddenly, I had sufficient room to stop, camry was too close so he slammed into my rear, pushing me into the car in front.

No-one was hurt or injured. But we called the cops and they still came. And I think maybe the camry behind me got charged with negligent driving, i'm not sure..

Cops took a report/recount... and then lodged a claim for insurance n crap...

BeastHouse

HSC
Not true at all. If the incident is under the value of $500 then Police are only required to attend by request - eg. if one of the drivers involved starts getting hot headed. Anything over $500, Police are required to attend for insurance purposes, as well as traffic control.

Sabbo

HSC
CieL said:
^ Did you even get his truck details? If he said the truck is company's property, you could trace it back to his workplace.. that's providing if you know the exact place and time you hit.. and if you got his numberplate.. description of truck (eg. company name?).. licence.. rararararara..

If that happened to me, I'd hunt him down for sure!
Yeh I got his number plate, licence details and remember what was written on the truck vaguely. Also know date and rough time (must have been between 11:30am and 12pm)

Would I have to do that through the RTA or Police Station?

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Did you get a pic of your car after the incident?

I think it's a tad late now to do anything about it.. doubt RTA would give confidential information.. and besides, with his licence number you can't get to his company anyway..

Police should of been called at scene of accident straight away.. cause they do a report which indicates time and a recount of what happened so they can use that for like, insurance, rarara... Doubt they'd get off their asses now

I'd try the company although they might cover for him

And have you done your own job on it? If you've sprayed over it.. I dont think you can get a claim off him.. even if your car is starting to rust n crap.. I really dont know what you can do for sure..

Did you even ask which insurer covers the boss's company? Cos unless you can get hold of the actual owner of the truck.... *hmmm*

But yer, you left it too long, think it's too late in my opinion...

SqUiMpY

HSC
i am on my Lz soon to get my pz and i have had 3 car accidents :( sad but true the first one was on my first day driving, i was approaching a round about and a druk driver slammed into the back of my car, my boot was smashed is it was horrible, police got involved the guy had to pay for damages n that all turned out fine eventually, second 2 were at the same set of lights lol i was sitting behind my bfz car (driving alone) it was auto and im used to manual my foot slipped off the brake and i hit into his car, i thought it was him doing it lol it happened again and i htit his car agen
i got upset and cried til we got to a street where we could pull in and i went off at him for ''reversing'' into me and then he explained to me what i had done :| silly me :p:p

BeastHouse

HSC
Oh My God!

Please Bann Women from the streets - God help us all!

I realise the first with the DUI was not your fault, but for fucks sake!

CieL

HSC
SqUiMpY said:
second 2 were at the same set of lights lol i was sitting behind my bfz car (driving alone) it was auto and im used to manual my foot slipped off the brake and i hit into his car, i thought it was him doing it lol it happened again and i htit his car agen
i got upset and cried til we got to a street where we could pull in and i went off at him for ''reversing'' into me and then he explained to me what i had done :| silly me :p:p
OMG.. This just made the generalisation "women are crap drivers" worse.. fark.. I was hoping by the 1st time you'd realise - but omfg you did it again and you still didn't know what was happening..

There are something called reverse lights, which show up as white lights if the car is in reverse gear.. please take notice of those before you accuse someone of "reversing into you"

It would of looked so stupid to other people who were around you.. seeing a car rearend another car over n over again whilst the car in front was stationary.. If I was your bf I would of banned you from driving

And are you stupid? Driving alone on your Ls when clearly you seem like you should be driving at all? And since it's an auto (clearly not your car) you shouldnt of had been driving that at all

Gosh - clearly you're called a Learner for a reason

When you get your Ps, please make a thread in BOS and give us the area you drive around and we'll all avoid you thanks.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
O M G !
foot slipped off the brake and you thought HE was reversing into you =_= and you did it AGAIN!
for the sake of everyone else never get your licence and stay off the roads.
there are good female drivers but you're not one of them and you give them a bad name.

kimmi06

HSC
ohhh god I had my first 'crash' (I wouldn't really call it that though) today. I was driving in2 maccas carpark and had someone up my ass, so I went a little quicker (keyword is little, it wasn't actually fast at all) and tried to turn right into a carpark (as I was going over a speedbump) and misjudged, scraped the car as I was going in...I nearly pissed myself lol I was so scared. Found the owner (old lady), luckily there was NO damage, just some paint had rubbed onto her car but it came straight off (I couldn't believe it), and THEN she gave me a hug cause I was so upset and bought me a coffee! LOL!

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:
wow.

i wish my accidents were like that, or at least at maccas :p might have broken down and gotten myself a free burger...
ahahhaha I think you need to be a chick for incidents like that to be effective.

I remember once I got lost since I was following an L plater trying to follow them to find out possible DART routes.. I left my car on and put my hazard lights on and went out of my car looking for road names.. and some commo stopped besides me cos he thought I had technical problems.. hahahhahahahha

And once when someone scratched my car, someone offered me their business card so they could act as a witness..

I reckon if I was a guy, other people would be like... meh they can handle themselves *drive off*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)