First February Round Offers (1 Viewer)

-o-

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to know whether USYD makes offers in the first February round (depending on course and vacancies), or is the third January round the last round it makes offers in? :)

Edit: this is for school leavers (year 12), btw.

Last edited:

Weeber

HSC
N/A
"The University of Sydney makes the majority of offers in three of the UAC offer rounds – main, late and final"

So offers are definitely made in feb.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Yes.

USyd makes offers in what was used to be called "Final Round", but now called February round 1.

There are very few offers made in that round - eg in 2013 usyd made about 10000 main round offers and about 300 final round.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Yes.

USyd makes offers in what was used to be called "Final Round", but now called February round 1.

There are very few offers made in that round - eg in 2013 usyd made about 10000 main round offers and about 300 final round.
Do you know how many are made in the late round?

ifrit112

HSC
Unless you are sitting at 0.05 atar off the cutoff for 2014 main round, there's little chance you'll get into the final round.

The best thing to do (if you are going for a particular uni) is choose a "similar" degree (similar subjects/units for the first year) that is within your atar range.

Then come second year, you can try and transfer into your desired first preference.

-o-

HSC
N/A
Thanks weeber, engineering and ifrit112.

ifrit112, I wasn't really worried about my atar, I think it should be more than substantial to get into the course I want. Was only concerned about vacancies and whether the uni actually made offers in the final round, because I changed my mind about the course I wanted to do and forgot to correct the order of my preferences by the due date, haha. Thanks for your advice tho :)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Funny cause i got an offer from macq for actuarial studies in the second round, but on the pdf apparently there were no more spots left.. :p

-o-

HSC
N/A
Thanks Weeber, there's still vacancies, so, hoping to get an offer.

Praer, that's probably because some people may not have accepted their offer, opening up vacancies. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)