First hand investigations (1 Viewer)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Just wondering, would markers deduct marks in the HSC if your investigation is "out"? Like, for example, for the bromine water test, I wrote on a past paper that I used ethene and ethane. My teacher handed it back with the comment: "Impossible" lol >.>;

Oh, and he gave me no marks, but a lil note down the bottom saying we used cyclohexene XD

So just wondering, will you lose marks for writing about doing "impossible" pracs?

Jonny90

HSC
2 words, I dont give a shit.
Naw but seriously i heard that u get deducted marks if you cheat.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
I'd say yes. If you know it's impossible, yet you've put it down anyway, then you're being a smart alec. The bromine water experiment is done with cyclohexane and cyclohexene anyway, so if you put ethane and ethene, it shows that you haven't learned the topic correctly.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Well, its HSC you dont want them to give you anything to deduct marks off.
And well your supposed to have performed the experiment if u state ethane and ethene you will definetly lose marks, although the experiment will work with those 2 (alkane/alkene)

Dont give them any reasons to minus you marks.
Good luck for HSC

helper

HSC
N/A
A note on marking, they normally are looking to give you marks. If you have a look at the marking schemes you will see what the markers work off. They will see how far up you can go.

However, if you write an impossible prac you are not going to be able to obtain full marks.

If the prac was the one you said and the only error was that you tested an alkane and an alkene instead of two alkenes then you would receive most of the marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)