First in Course List (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Holy crap, Ruse didn't top any subjects (not even Agriculture!!!!)

michaeljennings

HSC
Yep, I know who came 1st in Physics. From Girraween (yay!!) - He got a call to attend the ceremony on Wednesday. Also got 7th in state for Chemistry as an accelerant, defs. Girraween dux 2011.
Congrats to the person from Girraween who claimed that someone from their school topped Physics...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Girls dominate HSC first in course awards

FEMALE students have again dominated the HSC First in Course awards, taking out about two-thirds of the gongs recognising their performance in the end of school examinations.

The state's brightest students are being presented with the prestigious awards by NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli during a ceremony in Sydney which started at noon.

About 60 per cent of this year's award recipients are from Government schools - a similar proportion to previous years - and 22 of the top students are from country areas.

Eight students have come top in more than one course while one male student topped three courses.

Boys have taken out the three mathematics courses while honours have been shared between the genders in the science disciplines.

More than 100 students who topped the state in an HSC course are attending the ceremony at the Australian Technology Park, Eveleigh at Redfern in Sydney's east.

Students named on the First in Course list have achieved two things - they have come first in their HSC course and their result is in the top band.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm excited to see the HSC school rankings for this year now!

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Wow. Really surprised James Ruse didn't top anything. It was the first school I searched for (after my own, naturally.)

S_A_M_U_t

HSC
I thought it was just me when I noticed that there weren't any Ruse kids.... And I notcied there are a lot of first equals.... hmmm....

M

MichelleV

Oh wow.
I know one of the girls who tied first in Chem.
She went to my primary school.
Congrats to her :D

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Is there a video for it?
and again surprised at Ruse not topping - I think the change in paper styles and difficulty really created drama with the rankings as well.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Is there a video for it?
and again surprised at Ruse not topping - I think the change in paper styles and difficulty really created drama with the rankings as well.
i can't seem to find the video, it's usually live streaming on smh but it's not there:/

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a video for it?
SMH normally does a stream from the ceremony. Don't seem to have done it this year unfortunately.

HSC
N/A
I know the girl who came first in English Standard! She is so smart & beautiful!
Congrats Georgia!
x

oisac

HSC
SMH normally does a stream from the ceremony. Don't seem to have done it this year unfortunately.
do you know which school got the most 1st place awards ?

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
School rankings will be quite interesting this year, there might be many massive shocks..... ahh, love it when BOS, changes papers and patterns and everything gets messed up! well not really, but it atleast creates conversation! ahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)