First in Course List (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We don't want to be sued for defamation or anything... let's try not to make this personal. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sydney boys and sydney girls aren't on there. We have a gold medal olympaid winner - ivan guo for maths. He didn't top. I'm very surprised.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
We have a gold medal olympaid winner - ivan guo for maths. He didn't top. I'm very surprised.
You do tend to make less silly mistakes in IMO than HSC...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
Laurie'll get 100, right?

AFAIK, he's a maths Olympiad medalist, so that's 3 and 4u maths covered, then he goes and gets 1st in 6 units worth of massive scaling subjects...
it appears he could be one of our 100's :)

holy..James Krycer of James Ruse topped SDD and IPT last year if I remember..? (I could be wrong) and he tops Biology this year

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Minai said:
it appears he could be one of our 100's :)

holy..James Krycer of James Ruse topped SDD and IPT last year if I remember..? (I could be wrong) and he tops Biology this year
2003: Agriculture - James Robert Krycer - 9 - James Ruse Agricultural High School
2002: Information Processes and Technology Krycer James Robert James Ruse Agricultural High School (Looks around 5th)
2002: Software Design and Development Krycer James Robert James Ruse Agricultural High School (Looks around 2nd)

That was it - What is this guy, nuts? Doing his HSC for a THIRD YEAR!

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, thanks Keypad

I just check the Honour Roll from 2002,
It appears he came 2nd in SDD and 5th in IPT in 2002, 1st in Agriculture in 2003 and 1st in Bio in 2004

I knew the name sounded familliar

EDIT: you beat me to it :)

maniacguy

Indeed, J. Krycer topped those two subjects two years ago (2002). Look in that section.

[EDIT]: Topped in the sense that he came first in James Ruse at the time. I gather from Keypad's post he didn't come first in the state.

Last edited:

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Techie said:
Yeah Laurie Field owned it... congratulations :)

The two guys from STHS who topped Engineering and IPT are actually from Year 11 iirc ... showed my Year 12 up :|
Actually I was in year 10...

But yeah, we showed u guys good ;)

Good luck man...

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Why span it over 3 years? No wonder he's topping them, he's doing ONLY them.
You'll probably see him somewhere next year as well.

Rorix

HSC
lukebennett said:
gee only three 1sts for ruse!!!!!!!! that syd grammar dude for greek and latin congrats!!!!

four actually :(

(cosmology)

Acid

HSC
HSC groupies - never thought i'd see the day!! :p

Just get into your course and be happy with that! Why quest tirelessly for the illusive title of 1st in the state - no one gives a crap in Uni and by the time you're finished with spanning your HSC over three years to attain such a good mark others will be finished Uni and climbing the corporate ladder! Sometimes people forget the whole point of the HSC (Uni entry) :)

Rorix

HSC
Minai said:
Ah, thanks Keypad

I just check the Honour Roll from 2002,
It appears he came 2nd in SDD and 5th in IPT in 2002, 1st in Agriculture in 2003 and 1st in Bio in 2004

I knew the name sounded familliar

EDIT: you beat me to it :)

as I understand it it's 2nd in SDD/IPT (yr10), wasn't first in ag in yr11 (that was Jenny Liu)..

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Acid said:
HSC groupies - never thought i'd see the day!! :p

Just get into your course and be happy with that! Why quest tirelessly for the illusive title of 1st in the state - no one gives a crap in Uni and by the time you're finished with spanning your HSC over three years to attain such a good mark others will be finished Uni and climbing the corporate ladder! Sometimes people forget the whole point of the HSC (Uni entry) :)
Actually, for the elite, it's the last form of academic competition they will have with EVERYONE in the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)