First Place in Course (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendybird

HSC
I truly doubt that Jake. I'll call up my english teacher (EE2 and Eng Adv HSC marker) to check.

I agree with sikhman, I also know that person who last year got a state ranking in EE2 and dod fairly badly in Eng Adv.

mahdi

HSC
Does anyone know what school the person who toped Engineering Studies came from? I got a feeling its gonna be Sydney Tech

jakennecon

HSC
elaborate.

one of the guys who came 2nd in the state a couple of years back didn't get an amazing mark for 2u
Well that would be Daniel Swain - and he finished up 13th in Advanced English in 2008, not to mention topping two other subjects, so I'm guessing that his performance in 2007 wasn't that shabby either (though apparently he must have decided to re-take it; still, I don't think he could have had a mediocre performance).

wendybird

HSC
nope. I'm not referring to Swain either.

Jake, can you please provide some substantiation for what you claim?

Because what I posted is common consensus and what I have always been told by my teacher - an ancient woman with decades of HSC (Adv, Extension 1 and Extension 2) marking experience.

jakennecon

HSC
Oh and in fairness to your case, I did a quick check on the 2008 and 2006 EE2 rankings as well. In 2008, no-one came 2nd. In 2006, the girl who came 2nd in 4U english also came 16th in 2U english.

wendybird

HSC
lol, my case needs no fairness. Yours however, is in dire need of substantiating with evidence.

look, I'm sorry to be facetious, however I simply HIGHLY doubt what you claim. It goes against everything I have been told and against the empirical evidence.

The person i'm referring to is a BOS member, and he's got a tutoring thread somewhere which states his results in both EE2 and Advanced. I'll dig around for it.

sikhman

HSC
N/A
lol, my case needs no fairness. yours however, is in dire need of substantiating with evidence.

Look, i'm sorry to be facetious, however i simply highly doubt what you claim. It goes against everything i have been told and against the empirical evidence.

The person i'm referring to is a bos member, and he's got a tutoring thread somewhere which states his results in both ee2 and advanced. I'll dig around for it.
+1

jakennecon

HSC
im referring to corey in 05
Well from inspection of the stats archive, he's on the distinguished achievers' list for 7 different subjects - including english 2U, so I would guess that his performance in 2U english was actually rather good.

Look, I'm willing to change my mind on this issue, it's just that all I heard at my school was that they decided it on 2U english performance. I'm willing to concede that I'm wrong IF I'm wrong, but for now there seems to be a reasonable correlation between the data and what I'm saying. And I find it interesting that they can rank 4U english people on their major works when they have already had so much difficulty that they give stackloads of people 50/50.

I don't really care about the 4U english state rankings anyway, not enough to have an argument.

alice09

HSC
i still reckon my friend has a fighting chance: she was ranked first, got 50/50 internally and her school has had several ppl get into showcase in recent years so fingers crossed

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
what subject are u hoping/expecting a call for?
LOL my brain said physics (just for a laugh seeing as i got a dodgy teacher from Melbourne) but i seriously expect nothing. I aimed to be an all roudner to maximise my ATAR with the least amount of effort possible so i'm not expecting a state rank for anything XD

G'luck Anna! What subjects were you looking for?

Maybe you'll get a State Ranking! 2/3/4 etc..
Thanks for the luck, but it's a hopeless dream for me XD

jakennecon

HSC
lol, my case needs no fairness. Yours however, is in dire need of substantiating with evidence.

look, I'm sorry to be facetious, however I simply HIGHLY doubt what you claim. It goes against everything I have been told and against the empirical evidence.

The person i'm referring to is a BOS member, and he's got a tutoring thread somewhere which states his results in both EE2 and Advanced. I'll dig around for it.
YOUR case goes against everything I've been told, and you have brought NO empirical evidence to this discussion so far, whereas I have ;)

I will readily cede to your position once you dig up the evidence though :p

sikhman

HSC
N/A
ive been told the same thing, by my senior ee2 marker

jakennecon

HSC
ive been told the same thing, by my senior ee2 marker
Hmm look screw it then, sounds like I could be wrong, OR I could be right, BUT I DON'T CARE. Don't bother arguing with my earlier posts. Sorry for sending this thread off-track from the main topic and wasting your time, peeps.

roookie

HSC
on a completely different note... does anyone know of someone topping the maths's (ext 1, ext 2) or the sciences (bio, chem phys) or adv eng??

wendybird

HSC
Sorry for sending this thread off-track from the main topic and wasting your time, peeps.
duly noted.

Thanks for the luck, but it's a hopeless dream for me XD
Who knows, there's definitely a chance! You'll have to inform us when you check out the SMH list and you spot yourself, Dec 16/17 (or even 15th if it leaks haha). :uhhuh:

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
You'll have to inform us when you check out the SMH list and you spot yourself, Dec 16/17 (or even 15th if it leaks haha). :uhhuh:
God I really hope it leaks on the 15th :). Not because I'm expecting to see my name on there but because it's getting really annoying not having any new information to look at.

But I don't think they'll make the same mistake two years in a row. Pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)