First Prac!! (1 Viewer)

bron_the_ambo

HSC
So today I did my prac... I was so scared and I thought I went really badly.
But... Apaprently I did really well!! :) Yay!! *happy dance*
So... Got any stories about performances and stuffing up? I want to make myself feel really good!

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I forgot the words once. I'd been so completely unorganised and picked my piece 2 days before the assessment. I thought I knew it...Turns out that I didn't...(That was in year 10)
Oh and once in a singing exam I was doing a piece in German and mixed the verses around something chronic! I sang the 1st verse ok, then did half the 3rd verse followed by half the 2nd, and then the 3rd verse. Lucky fir me that wasn't the piece I had to do from memory, so the examiner didn't have the music!
Meh well, My HSC pieces were picked aaaaaages ago, so there won't be any problems there!

bron_the_ambo

HSC
ahahah... that reminds me of this peice of music we got played to us last week... the elfking or something... I can't remember... Such a strange song... Strange... But really really cool. I don't know where that came from... Oh yeah... It's in German or something..
I played the wrong chord today. That was as bad as it got...
I was shaking for about 45 minutes afterwards hehehe...

freakcore

HSC
Hahaha i remember one exam i actually ripped two(4) pages of music out of my book and threw them over my right shoulder i then proceeded to laugh hystericaly at myself for the rest of the piece while trying to remember how it went...i figured i should keep going instead of getting up to get my discarded paper...hahaha should have seen the examiners face absolute classic. I always stuff up page turns...

Was the song Erlking ('Erlkönig')? it seems to be very popular piece to look at.

bron_the_ambo

HSC
freakcore said:
Was the song Erlking ('Erlkönig')? it seems to be very popular piece to look at.
I dunno... maybe... 'Oh father father' but it sounds like 'oh fada oh fada'... ahahaha... so cool....
I wish I was German...

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I have one bad memory of a really bad stuff up, a few years ago I had to play a Chopin piece and I had it memorised, but I was so nervous I stuffed up in the first few bars, then that made me even more nervous and I kept stuffing up even more... I just remember thinking, "when is this going to end?!" It was really bad. But usually I don't stuff up in a major way because I'm paranoid enough to practice like hell before an assessment (usually).

bron_the_ambo

HSC
I got 14 outta 20 for my prac.. I was mad nervous though. My next one is on Thursday... I'm doing Let it Be by The Beatles.. And I don't know half the words... gotta work on that one... lol

babywhitto

WEll for one assessment we had this year we had to sing 2 songs and i got 20/20 for both...haha it hasnt happened since!!! it was a fluke haha.

but other times i have laughed in auditions/assessments when ive sed the wrong words or someone else in a duet...or i've done a testy pop on one note...ive done heaps!

but i dont get nervous really much anymore..coz i have been singing and done heaps of performances and assessments for like 6years. i know it doesnt seem like long...but now im just like meh.

omg but once i was singing infront of the ENTIRE school and i got shit scared and almost threw up...hahah. golden!

Crowie

HSC
N/A
lol once when i was playing a realli high note right at the end of this piece it was huge and it was so loud i let out a pressure fart right as we cut off
and it was realli obvious that sumone had farted nobody every found out who it was
until now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)