First Speeding Ticket (1 Viewer)

fantaztik2006

HSC
N/A
oh fk man tat's hella tite.. yeah whenever i get to fixed speed cameras I just slow down to lyk 40 regardless hahaha.. i hate them!! Oi but can't u just put it under your parents' name or some shit and say that they were driving at the time?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha... isn't that illegal?

Btw in case anyone else reading this doesn't realise- I'm joking... as in, I understand the reason why they have speed zones at schools and society probably benefits from having school zones enforced, but I'm just a bit ticked off I got booked.

fantaztik2006

HSC
N/A
well yea it is illegal + u can face lyk 3mths imprisonment + fines if u get caught. However, i knoe several ppl who have done this to escape from 3/4 of their P1 license getting owned :). it is ure call lol :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hypothetically if one was to do something like that- I doubt they'd want to publicize it on a forum... it's like bragging you commited a crime- you never know but one day, it could come back and bite you on the ass should someone try to prosecute you and use it as evidence.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If there was a variable speed camera, then why didn't you slow down? lol. I mean most of the time you won't get caught speeding through school zones, but those ones with speed cameras are the ones you should really be careful of. I mean there are always 3 signs leading up to the camera and I'm sure that's enough to warn you.

I also hate the 80 > 40 > 80 school zones too, such as those on the Great Western Highway. I mean, they shouldn't have school's on the highway in the first place!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Seremify, I feel your pain.

Was a couple of months ago, but I got done doing 54km/h in a School Zone. ow the catch was, it was a fixed camera at Bateau Bay. This school zone camera had different operating times to all others on the Central Coast, starting half an hour earlier in the afternoons.
I got clocked on a busy Entrance Road, and the only warning I had was the colour of the numbers of the operating hours were red instead of black. I was driving mums car, and luckily I only had to pay the actual $75 fine. But it is 3 demerit points as well.

But that Bateau Bay camera has had many a court case come from it in recent time. It has been proven to be quite a revenue raiser.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haven't encountered this problem yet with school zones, mainly because I don't drive during school hours! :D

But yeah, pay more attention to road signs and know where your speed cameras are.

7th Sign

HSC
75 bucks is a low fine man...lucky u were not 15 over or U would be on ghost points...

I think its pretty dodgey how at like 2.30pm they school zones are on and the school kids don't leave the joint untill 3pm WTF is this its just a money making scheme sure the kids might get a early mark at 2.55pm but why the 30 minute gap?

Oh well overall a good learning experience for you mate, atleast now you will be looking out for police and keeping on the limit.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh it's definitely gonna keep me on the watch out now... I'm surprised I didn't notice it was a school zone but then I might've noticed it, but not realised that it was school zone time (usually I avoid the hassles of mums and dads rushing to pick up kids/drop them home of that hour)...

I guess since it's slowing me down in the future, it seems that the system actually works at discouraging speeding... but it's still an annoyance.

Jiga

I think its pretty dodgey how at like 2.30pm they school zones are on and the school kids don't leave the joint untill 3pm WTF is this its just a money making scheme sure the kids might get a early mark at 2.55pm but why the 30 minute gap?
I can understand why they are early, some schools get out early.... but going to 4pm? Go by a school at like 10 to 4, its deserted, especially primary schools which you can only imagine 40 zones are mainly in place for.

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
75 bucks is a low fine man...lucky u were not 15 over or U would be on ghost points...
No that's not true... 15-30 and under is still 3 demerit points, just a bigger fine...

Schoolies_2004 said:
some schools get out early.... but going to 4pm?
Uhh that's because the kiddies take time to travel you know.... that's why the buses have those 40 flashing lights in which if you're near the bus, slow down to 40 so you can prevent running over stupid kids who dont know how to cross the road after getting off the bus..

But yeah, the school zone between dundas and parra used to be 70>40>70... now they changed the zones to 70>60>40>60 which sucks cos it's a wide open straight 3 lane road... going 60 is just conjestion to the max..

CieL

HSC
Well it's pretty hard to see anything since I'm not the one who did something wrong.

Valeu

HSC
exact same thing happened to me - caught doing 57 in a school zone. It was my first speeding ticket but miraculously i only got a $75 fine (despite being 15+km/h over) and the copper even ignored the bald rear tyres! I don't even think i got points off.

CieL

HSC
But seremify was caught on camera..........

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i pass two speed cameras on my way to uni 4 days a week, but the traffic is enough to keep me from speeding, or if i do, i usually make sure there is a big ass truck between us :p

yet to get my first fine, but when i do, it will probably be license suspension too, cos i dont usually speed "slightly", cos other cars wont let me ;) but at least i have a hope that the cop would chase the other guy instead of me...

tigerian

HSC
N/A
As someone who has 25 years driving without a speeding ticket or any booking for that matter it does not matter whether or not the school zone signage is poor(as it usually is) living your life having killed a child would not be easy. its easier just to keep your foot on the brake and drive at the speed limit. Saves a lot of money. I even drive at 50km an hour ( in a 50 zone) at 2am if the sign says to do it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Of course it's miserable to live your life knowing you hit a child... but still, better signage would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)