• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

First term of year 12 (1 Viewer)

avro

HSC
I'm happy. I've been achieving 90-100% for most of my assessments -- except for modern with 88%. Overall, very happy with my achievements so far :)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm happy. I've been achieving 90-100% for most of my assessments -- except for modern with 88%. Overall, very happy with my achievements so far :)
Nice work :) Congrats.

Aysce

HSC
I envy your results ^ But from some results, I feel more motivated than ever and I'm actually going through with what I say now.

Coookies

HSC
54% for Bio
65% for Maths
65% for Economics.

Terrible start.

Aysce

HSC
Don't worry, take a nice break in the holidays and get into beast mode. My mind is battered from this year, not to mention, it will need all it's energy for 2012. Just think of it as "The calm before the storm".

Coookies

HSC
True dat. But bad marks can either put you down or boost your studying. For me, its in the middle.

Aysce

HSC
Did you study consistently? Look what you were doing before you got your results, better fix them now.

So-joo

HSC
Left too many things until the last minute, it will probably come back to bite me. But the past is the past and there's more opportunities ahead in the future.

Target for next year:

- Study consistently.

- Do my homework including tutor homework.

- Have regular breaks from the computer.

- Sleep for more than 4 hours, much more.

- Request a long term ban on BOS.
This. This so much. Not expecting great marks for any of my subjects, sob.

I beat my record of procrastination this term with my Ancient History oral presentation. I finished it on the day it was due, and it was due period 1.

I really need a way to stop procrastinating, I find so many ways to procrastinate, and half the time I don't even realise I'm procrastinating. Someone help me (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mike12345678

HSC
yay im satisfied with my start to year 12. been workinjg hard the whole time :)

maths 2u - 100% (25%)
maths 3u - 100% (20%)
english adv - 21/25 rank 1 (15%)

ive also handed in business studies assignment and SOR2 unit assignment and i think im close to full marks in both.

im on a roll. the only thing you ppl have to do is stay consistent and put ur work before almost anything (some exceptions)

goodluck everyone

tictactom

HSC
Yeah I did ok but it wasn't my best. Most of my assessments were only worth 15%, with maths extension only 10%. I was really nervous in my maths exams (especially due to the thought that it was my first HSC assessment), and as a result, I kind of screwed up.

But I've got this strong desire to improve heaps; I'm doing practice maths trial exams etc. I'm not one of those people who can work solidly for 2-3 weeks, so I'm doing a little bit each day. If you achieve small goals, it makes you feel so much better than failing to do big goals.

I really need to bring my marks up for the half yearlies.
^THIS is what I experienced!! I only had 2 assessments for my first term of year 12.

Legal Studies- 63%
Modern History- 76%

Those are really average marks, and my rankings were pretty average too. I had the same issue too, where the stress of it being a HSC assessment really got to me. It was only made worse by the fact that in Year 11 i was ranked in the top 5 for both Legal and Modern.

I honestly put in a lot of study for both those exams and got pretty crap marks from it, so of course that frustrated me. I think I agree with a lot of people that Year 11 really exhausted me. I'm not trying to gloat at all, but I really put a lot of work into my subjects and got pretty solid results out of it. So of course, once it came time to my HSC assessments, I was both mentally drained and extremely nervous to do well.

Has anyone got any ideas of how to overcome this anxiety/nervous-ness I get when its assessment time? I put in the work needed, but just seem to lose it all under the pressure of having to do well.

Just hope these summer holidays will allow me to relax, refocus and get work done properly.

Merry christmas everyone! :)

Aysce

HSC
^ I think the only way to not let HSC-pressure get to you is by knowing your stuff really well. Only when this happens that you will feel very confident and not let it get to your head. Or maybe it's just because it is the first assessment?

ducksonquack

HSC
Have you guys already started yr 12 :S?
I don't start until Feb sometime...

Aysce

HSC
That does not make sense.. Every single school has started?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Some schools have started their HSC, however they are not considered "Year 12" just yet. For example, Blakehurst High School.

Aysce

HSC
Oh. Up late again Mr. Roboto?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
My procrastination plus instinct to help humans have kicked in.

Aysce

HSC
Dont think many are on at this time. Must.fix.sleeping.pattern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)