First thoughts of uni (1 Viewer)

maka

HSC
My thoughts on the first week.

Loved how all my classes only went for about 30 mins instead of there 2 hours.

Enjoyed catching up with people I hadnt seen in about 4 months.

The Co Op Bookshop lines are too big or the bookshop is too small. Lucky I went on Monday morning.

Havent been to U@MQ apart from the Co Op. Dont really care much for it.

Liking Labour Law. Heavily disliking Int Law. (well I have another year or so if I wanns keep doing it)

Everyone just remember uni will be packed this week because everyone knows tutes etc are all on. Week 2 is when uni picks up.

X

xeuyrawp

maka said:
Everyone just remember uni will be packed this week because everyone knows tutes etc are all on. Week 2 is when uni picks up.
Yeah for sure, thanks for good advice!

The only day it effects me is Wednesday, when I have to be in at 11. Otherwise, I'm in at 9am or 6pm, both easy parking.

Last edited by a moderator:

antisheep

HSC
Are some parts of campus easier to park at than others? Like I'd assume that undercover parking would be more in demand than the flat parking... but my brother used to tell me that x was a nightmare.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
X (around W) isn't too bad, but its just the initial first year rush, after 3-4 weeks they're realise what to miss etc and it'll calm down.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
$200 for a textbook is beyond ridiculous.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Wow you dudes start Uni early! Anyhow 1st week at almost every university, there isn't much learning, more admin-based actually.

Matt Samson

HSC
I wish I was going to Macquarie!

Uni here started on the 18th (O-Week was from the 11th).

Totally stressed.

ippie

HSC
russs said:
Public transport is pathetic. There is a crowd for the ~ 9AM bus to MQ uni from the epping station. Everybody tries to cram into the bus at the same time, its a joke. They actually started rejecting uni students once during the week in favor of regulars going to MQ Park Business District or something like that. I am driving from now on, stuff it... at least until CityRail Express Intercity trains run every 5 minutes and buses run every 30 seconds.
OMG I HATE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TOO. And it doesnt help that my station is a small station. Miss the train, gotta wait 30mins, miss express train = 30-45min LATE to lectures! Yeah and bus, far out I had to wait about 7 mins for a BUS today at epping! wth is with that? And when one finally pulled up, 3 others did too -_-

Also hate how express trains stop at eastwood instead of epping at times. who the hell goes to eastwood? (or maybe im just ignorant about "the north" seeing i'm from down south :p) I think more people get off at Burwood than eastwood - just an example.

jb_nc said:
$200 for a textbook is beyond ridiculous.
Mwahahaah go second hand. textbookexchange.com.au got mine for like 60% off, not bad condition. But you gotta hurry, I was rejected 4 times before i got my C++ textbooks (but i suppose its coz i was picky and did want an old edition :p)

X

xeuyrawp

ippie said:
Mwahahaah go second hand. textbookexchange.com.au got mine for like 60% off, not bad condition. But you gotta hurry, I was rejected 4 times before i got my C++ textbooks (but i suppose its coz i was picky and did want an old edition :p)
Doesn't really work for the languages, where you've got to have this year's edition plus a clean workbook. :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Never, ever, ever leave your umbrella unattended in the library. There are umbrella ninjas on campus...!!! (nasty people, but true)
Gehehe I love the umbrella-library dilemma. Such an example of how people don't read signs: the sign near the door, states:

Because leaving your umbrella unattended outside the library on a rainy day is probably one of the WORST things you can do at uni when sorrounded by poor (and possibly wet) students, the library takes no responsibility for umbrellas left outside the library.

Actually...from memory they only have the last clause on the sign, but the first half can be easily inferred too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)