first time making a video (1 Viewer)

jamesishere

HSC
Are there any other people out there, making a video for engX2 that have never made a (proper) video before????
Ahhh i'm freaking out about it, Is it a bad idea to make one with no expertise?:confused:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jamesishere said:
Are there any other people out there, making a video for engX2 that have never made a (proper) video before????
Ahhh i'm freaking out about it, Is it a bad idea to make one with no expertise?:confused:
Make up for the bad quality of the video with good music.

HSC
Increased production values were evident in a significant number of these Major Works, particularly in the areas of editing and the visual composition of shots. This may have been a result of candidates’ increased confidence and competency with the medium, as well as technological advances that make it easier for candidates to work competently in the post-production stage.
One of the distinguishing features of the highly sustained projects was the deliberate and purposeful shaping of values recognising how film operates as a medium and how a film-maker can manipulate the expectations and/or reactions of the responders by the use of eclectic cinematic devices/ techniques/ conventions.
Sophisticated control over technology, particularly editorialising collages, is still not compensation for weak ideas that are poorly developed.
EE2 Marking Centre Notes

Concept/Ideas > Quality of Video

imo, you shouldn't do a video if you're new to it, too many new things to learn etc.

lucinda808

HSC
no, do it! i am exactly in your boat. i am just keeping it simple, exactly the way i want my film. dont worry about psycho film techniques or special effects, the idea behind it should be golden. i know how you feel, i have never made a proper video either, but who has? whats your idea?

EternalFlame

HSC
Well I'm doing film and its my first time. I spent about all of summer learning adobe after effects, premiere and sony vegas...but its pretty straight forward imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)