first week tutorials (1 Viewer)

kevinant

HSC
yes,you don't go to tutorials /praticals on 1st week unless you have a lecture on 1st week AND the lecturer telling you that the tutorial is on the first week.
But for second week and onwards, tutorial and praticals are running.

williamc

HSC
Ok thanks.
Also with French - it's a Mixed subject so the tute rule doesn't apply right?
I have no idea about french. But generally a tute is where you review lecture material. obviously you can't review material in a tute if you havn't had a lecture yet. I would go to the first lecture, in which the lecturer will inform you. Pretty much every subject won't have a tute first week. Out of every unit i did/people i know doing, the only unit that had a tute first week was ACST151, (not 101).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately the uni never tells us what units have tuts/pracs in the first week so I always just emailed them/went to uni to find out.

In general few units have tuts/pracs in the first week EXCEPT LAW. Essentially everything else has tuts in the second week, but it is important to check with the uni just in case (i.e. look up the website to find out the email of the course convenor and email them). I know, it is stupid that they don't make it clear beforehand.

There is a tut in the first week for first year LAW subjects (at least there was when I did it), so make sure you go.

Leggs

HSC
I know last year there were tutes for CHIR103 and CBMS101 in the first week

*Baby-K*

HSC
Unfortunately the uni never tells us what units have tuts/pracs in the first week so I always just emailed them/went to uni to find out.

In general few units have tuts/pracs in the first week EXCEPT LAW. Essentially everything else has tuts in the second week, but it is important to check with the uni just in case (i.e. look up the website to find out the email of the course convenor and email them). I know, it is stupid that they don't make it clear beforehand.

There is a tut in the first week for first year LAW subjects (at least there was when I did it), so make sure you go.
Now I am confused- Do I go to the tute 1st week even though it's before a lecture or not?

mudcake42

HSC
Yeh i mean, if law tutorials are on then it wouldn't make any sense to go before your lecture. but my lecture isn't till the arvo and my tutorial is in the morning. I don't particularily get up early and wait round all day when I don't have too. If anyone knows or emails them then let us know!

rwc

HSC
With languages you are generally expected to go first week of uni as they start immediately. Im pretty sure French tutorials (or mixed as you put it) are on first week

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Not all tuts are based on the lecture preceeding it. Unless it has changed since I did it there is a LAW tut in first week. Mind you, lots of people missed it when i did it because they weren't aware of it :p but there was, nevertheless, a tut.

email the unit convenor if you want to be certain.

cottonmouth

HSC
tonight i had stat170 practical and tutorial.. and i called the statistics department.. and they said stats are off all first week.. but go to lectures..

mirann

HSC
I have a HRM107 tut tomorrow and I don't know if I'm meant to go or not. Are HR tuts on first week anyone know?

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
tbh just go and see, but if its the only thing u have tomorow.. mmm tricky

maybe just go and if it isnt on, go and buy ure text books or pay fees or sumthing

taikee

HSC
N/A
Week 1 Tutorials

I'm never able to find information or announcements like these, so where do people know these things?

I'm tired of waiting for a friend to give me an answer.

Last edited:

xsavagex

HSC
Re: Week 1 Tutorials

You can find out on your blackboard if you go to online units or something and then you get a list of all your units, you can then see the unit outline and some outlines say whether tutes are on or not.

mserica

HSC
I hope you went to your HRM seminar/tut as we had HRM317 last night and Debbie was talking about the HRM107 she had at 9am in the morning.... so im assuming from her comments it was definately on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)