First week whinging! (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
ohhh i heard there is a MPO lecture that's cute!

for 1st year students!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Very much agree about the mature age students thing in some cases. Plus if you are mature age it doesn't mean you should totally disregard anything younger/undergrad people say. Just because you are older doesn't mean you know best.... in fact, if you are postgrad in communications the undergrad students have actually studied a lot more journalism than you.... don't ignore us when you have no clue about news values and what constitutes a "story" rather than a "concept". "Music history" is not an angle for a news story. That is a theme. Don't only speak about what you said in group work if the tutor asks you to talk about what your group discussed and then make the tutor think the whole group is as clueless as you when some of us said things that the tutor would have liked.

Not all mature age students are so patronizing, and I think some of them don't even realize it, but it is annoying when they are.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
ahh i did mpo before for my elective [no idea why i chose it]

haha ian.. i wasted half yr doing nothing coz i failed as well.. weeeeeeeeee

and yes argh @ uts for moving our lab -_-

fatmuscle

HSC
miss_gtr said:
Me thinks fatmuscle and carrotz should bad mouth their course as much as possible!
i will love my course until i complete it.

Riewe

HSC
Choosing my elective for this semester was a bit hectic. First i had OHS Management, because we thought it would be a bludge, but we heard it wasn't so just before the lecture we changed to Environmental Chem. Then on the Thursday, we heard that Intro to Comp. Science is only 2 hours Friday morning so we diverted to that subject. Now it's all cool.

But having to do biochem, i first year bio subject in my second year is a bit strange, because it means having to share pracs and tutes with first years, and they all look cute with their ignorance of advanced chem and such

fatmuscle

HSC
miss_gtr said:
y€s.. but if you bad mouth it.. th€n no on€ will apply for it.. th€r€for€ th€ uai cutoff will drop, and i'll hav€ a chanc€ to g€t in.
hahaha you'll be fine getting in.

nobody wants to do IT anyway.

fatmuscle

HSC
sounds like IMP!

you you complain hard enough, you can 'remove' lecturers from the uni.

TUTE WEEK NEXT WEEK!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
***go to check if past paper is on utsonline

ive actually got to leave for the lecture right now, we r in building 6 till the builders are done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)