first year ENGG1801 help (1 Viewer)

bradc1988

HSC
This years 1801 exam was piss easy, I finished it in 20 minutes. But as soon as I left the exam of course I figure out I mixed up some variables in the for loop for question 2, but that shouldn't lose more than 5-10%.

Always one mistake.

fush

HSC
yea twas very easy overall

i will be pissed if i end up with anything under a D

fush

HSC
Fuck this!!!!

I just checked my CAD marks which were sent by email. I have recieved 0 for both CAD 5 and CAD 6 and I see no reason why this has happened.

I putin a lot of effort into both and I though my assignments were good!@!! I also made sure they were submitted correctly by making a sure a tutor checked that they were... all was good...

So i dunno what happened and I have emailed professor lozzy and im waiting for a response!!

this is so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You either:
a) copied someone else.
b) had files missing in your submission.
c) accidently left your assignment on the publicly accessible drive of the PC and someone else copied it (happened to lots of people last year).

If it's any of those three unfortunately I don't think you have much recourse, otherwise definately take it up with the faculty.

fush

HSC
i did not copy anyone, all files were present since i tested them before submitting and i am positive they were in the correct folder.

It is also strange that i got 0 in CAD5 which was the word/excel assessment... I am also positive that I had correctly submitted it as I got a tutor to check my sumbission...

im off to uni tommorow to see what has happened.

bradc1988

HSC
I got 9.5 for CAD6, allllriighhhtttt. I ended up with 89% though as I fooked up the excel one, I turned up with about 30 minutes left, and made a whole crap load of errors in my hasty attempt.

Oh and were you actually given 0 or were the spaces left blank?

Last edited:

fush

HSC
the spaces had 0 for both....

I went to uni today and I checked to see that my assignments were in the correct folders of the uglabftp and they were!!

so i dunno waht has happened, im still waiting for a reply from lozzi, he wasnt at uni today.

Im assuming there has been an error entering the results. THats what i hope anyway

bradc1988

HSC
Don't expect a reply, I remember an email saying something like "Do not email me about marks, as I will not reply". I think you should email your tutors, if you even know their email.

fush

HSC
i went to uni today, its all sorted...

they made an error in recording my marks, i actually got 9.5 and 8.5

bradc1988

HSC
Now we just have to wait for the marks for MATLAB, which will probably not be for ages, the marks for quiz 3 arn't even up yet.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
bradc1988 said:
Don't expect a reply, I remember an email saying something like "Do not email me about marks, as I will not reply". I think you should email your tutors, if you even know their email.
According to Lozzi, you are also not suppose to email them either as "they are only paid for the hours of the labs, not additional hours replying emails from students".

Just go see Lozzi, or your lab tutor. It will be sorted out very quickly.

esther

HSC
mack5 said:
hi, fellows, does anyone know where i can find solution for previous years matlab exams (1801, 1st yr matlab)?? thx in advance
when i did matlab in 1st yr, there wasn't an exam.
exam for matlab only started in 05 or osmething

also, if you have problems with your CAD marks, i would sort them out asap.
going to see Andrei in his office is the quickest but he isn't always there. email him first and he should tell you when he is in.

bradc1988

HSC
Errrr the problem was solved already and there's past papers for the MATLAB exam from the past 3 years...

But who cares, I definately passed so this terribly run subject is out of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)