First Year Law at UWS (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
152 people, right?
(Not that I counted, just copied and pasted into Excel.)

I Study Hard

HSC
I haven't actually been on the campus yet, but from what i've heard (my cousin goes there) everything is pretty much new (as in a few years old). It's like a 15minute drive from my house and right next to my local shopping centre (Macarthur Square) so i'm pretty happy with it.
Out of curiousity what ATAR did you get?
I needed serious bonus points to get in LOL.

Montana1717

HSC
Hey I made a facebook group for all law students starting this year :)
One of the older students has already started linking to active UWS groups so it should help us to get acquainted with how UWS works. :)

The link is: UWS Law 2010 | Facebook

I Study Hard

HSC
83.10 with 10 bonus points >.<;
Adv English and Economics dragged me down so badly.

I Study Hard

HSC
Okay, i'm really confused.
Someone help me please?
When you enrol you know how you need to do the unit set selection, well i chose the one i want to do for business and comm but do i have to choose one for law (seeing as the core units are the same for everyone), if i do, how do i do it.
I feel so confused x_x;

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Same, I can't seem to add in my business units

Last edited:

I Study Hard

HSC
Wait, how can you not add in your business units?
Do we even have to put anything in for the law units?
x_x;
I did my business units by not typing in anything, just selecting the ALL one and then search, and it came up.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Wait it seems to be working, but I have no idea what units to choose

Last edited:

astroe

HSC
Choosing subjects already? Arrrgh!
I don't even know what I want to major in. -_-

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Few Questions:

1) When do we have to enrol into our units by? Do units have a quota and its first come first serve? (By enrolling in units i mean just the unit itself and not its classes). So can we enrol in the unit a few days before class rego opens?

2) I have no idea what to pick as my art major (arts/law), anyone know if psychology is available at parra?

Thanks.

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
You don't need to enroll now, the uni will hold an enrolment info/academic advise session, and you should be notified of the date by the uni.
For freshmen, in the law degree, you are looking at doing the core units only, and for the first year, that is Torts, Introduction to Law, Law Foundation, Criminal Law; you can find their unit code in the handbook which is available on the uni website.
Campbelltown is accessible by train, has a green campus, a few ponds, green grass, quiet, close to the shopping centre, but last year, there were a number of assaults/batteries (the difference is taught very early in your first semester) happened outside the campus, so I would say student safety around the campus has not been satisfactory. But the uni has taken some action by implementing a shuttle bus service between the campus and Campbelltown train station (the campus itself is next to Macarthur station).
Personally I still prefer Campbelltown to Parramatta, if the issue of safety set aside.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
You don't need to enroll now, the uni will hold an enrolment info/academic advise session, and you should be notified of the date by the uni.
For freshmen, in the law degree, you are looking at doing the core units only, and for the first year, that is Torts, Introduction to Law, Law Foundation, Criminal Law; you can find their unit code in the handbook which is available on the uni website.
Campbelltown is accessible by train, has a green campus, a few ponds, green grass, quiet, close to the shopping centre, but last year, there were a number of assaults/batteries (the difference is taught very early in your first semester) happened outside the campus, so I would say student safety around the campus has not been satisfactory. But the uni has taken some action by implementing a shuttle bus service between the campus and Campbelltown train station (the campus itself is next to Macarthur station).
Personally I still prefer Campbelltown to Parramatta, if the issue of safety set aside.
Thanks!

Can anybody tell me what arts majors are available at parra? It says psych is at parra but then on anothe page says Ctown and Penrith.

I Study Hard

HSC
@Mrsajmon - Arts is not available at C'town, only at Bankstown and Penrith last i checked? o_O;

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
@Mrsajmon - Arts is not available at C'town, only at Bankstown and Penrith last i checked? o_O;
ahk thanks, but its available at Parramatta yes? cos last time i checked it said that arts is t parra too? Or is it just certain majors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)