First Year Mathematics A (Differentiation & Linear Algebra) (2 Viewers)

Mr_Kap

HSC
Re: MATH1131 help thread

Unfortunately looks like I'll be stuck in this thread for another sem...

KILL ME
lol. I think i got between 35% to 50% which is a pass. so yeh. if u do need to repeat this subject make sure not to make same mistakes again. Do good in maple lab test + online tutorials + class tests.

Flop21

HSC

lol. I think i got between 35% to 50% which is a pass. so yeh. if u do need to repeat this subject make sure not to make same mistakes again. Do good in maple lab test + online tutorials + class tests.
Yeah if I do, I won't be overly upset over having to do it again, just because I'll probably be a lot better at it by the end. I think my downfall this sem was focusing to much on comp1917 and neglecting math.

The thing that upsets me is the stuffing up my uni schedule / plan.

Mr_Kap

HSC

Yeah if I do, I won't be overly upset over having to do it again, just because I'll probably be a lot better at it by the end. I think my downfall this sem was focusing to much on comp1917 and neglecting math.

The thing that upsets me is the stuffing up my uni schedule / plan.
yep yep. did the same with comp. neglected math. like i said it didnt even feel like i was taking a math subject this sem because i did jack all...lol.

leehuan

HSC

COMP1917 damages the maths life...

-crawls back to COMP1911 max-

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

1917 final exam is actually pretty hard if you're starting out on your first language.

Flop21

HSC

1917 final exam is actually pretty hard if you're starting out on your first language.
um great thought I wasn't worrying about 1917 final exam but NOW I AM

lol

leehuan

HSC

Just d0 1917
Tbh though I've contemplated it.

I could do it with Sien lol. We both kill our WAMs together.

But that's only if she will do it. I haven't found another friend who can do COMP1917 with me yet... and if nobody does it with me then I will choose WAM booster over suffering anyday

(My plan suggests that I do my COMP units in third year, but if I have people doing it with me I'm willing to mess up my plan and do it second year first sem. COMP1917 + ACTL2111 + two maths subjects is gonna be brutality though...

...but I could swap one of the maths subjects for FINS1613...)

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

there are some cute girls in comp1917

find yourself a mrs. leehuan

Flop21

HSC

But that's only if she will do it. I haven't found another friend who can do COMP1917 with me yet... and if nobody does it with me then I will choose WAM booster over suffering anyday

(My plan suggests that I do my COMP units in third year, but if I have people doing it with me I'm willing to mess up my plan and do it second year first sem. COMP1917 + ACTL2111 + two maths subjects is gonna be brutality though...

Why do you need someone to do it with you lol? If you're looking for fellow people doing the subject, you'll find them in your lectures. Or go to some CSEsoc events, they're quite active.

I think you should do 1917, but just make sure your committed and willing to work hard in it if you choose to do it. Don't go into it thinking you'll suffer, plenty and plenty of people have gone in with no programming experience absolutely fine. Keep up with the work and you'll be right. Keep in mind comp1917 is taught differently in sem1 vs sem2 (apparently).

keepLooking

HSC

Keep in mind comp1917 is taught differently in sem1 vs sem2 (apparently).
I have heard good things about 2nd sem COMP1917, it seems to be less tedious as there isn't a "resume" part.

Flop21

HSC

I have heard good things about 2nd sem COMP1917, it seems to be less tedious as there isn't a "resume" part.
Apparently it's more traditional. No openlearning, so yeah no blogging/resume.

turntaker

HSC

Nah bro do it with me ;)

turntaker

HSC

Also wam doesn't mean much. Idk why you're so worried about marks when you don't even want to make friends in a subject.

Seriously, I'd focus more on that rather than marks. Cause at the end of the day, your marks won't mean everything. This is not HSC anymore.

Flop21

HSC

Also wam doesn't mean much. Idk why you're so worried about marks when you don't even want to make friends in a subject.

Seriously, I'd focus more on that rather than marks. Cause at the end of the day, your marks won't mean everything. This is not HSC anymore.
Apparently most companies require a credit average (like a tick the box sort of condition).

turntaker

HSC

Apparently most companies require a credit average (like a tick the box sort of condition).
Depends on the company., I've seen a guy who is an engineer at google with no university degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)