First Year Pharmacy students, how are you finding it? (1 Viewer)

svensk

HSC
N/A
Hey first year pharm students!

So the first term is over, and the easter break has just finished for some, so how are you guys finding the degree so far?

Depending on which university you are at, you'll be doing a range of subjects including chemistry, biology, math/stat and pharmacy courses. How is everyone going with these subjects?

Perhaps everyone could mention which uni they are at, so we can compare the degree structure and subject difficulty etc.

I'll post about my experiences soon.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm at USYD. I love the learning--learning of chemical principles, with some biology and calculus thrown in. Foundations of Pharmacy is also good--it's interesting learning about IT skills, prescriptions, and the psychology side of things. However, stats is a hellhole for me. And though I love the learning, because it's why I'm at uni, the workload is so big! Not so much on the assessments, but summarising your notes and generally keeping on top of things.

What about you?

svensk

HSC
N/A
I've found the anatomy and physiology to be the most difficult out of the subjects this semester, the amount of detail and concepts that are required to be learnt are quite large. Having said that, it is stil quite interesting.

In terms of the other subjects, they are all going smoothly, the intro to pharm subject IMO is a little boring, but I can appreciate why they include it.

Fortunatly our stats subject isn't till second semester, can't wait hah.

At CSU btw. Don't get me started on Wagga :sleep:

Last edited:

keropi

HSC
N/A
hey
is pharmacy a csu at good course? im considering going there, but i currently live about 3 hours away from there, so i was wondering if i could get any feedback on the advantages or disadvantages of this course. thanks

frootloop

HSC
This is for the Pharmacy students at USyd that talk all through lectures despite how many times they've been told off for doing so... and the fact that it's halfway through semester and they still don't get it that lectures aren't for talking through...

STFU (please)!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, ditto frootloop! I thought Mrs Phipps' plea would've worked today, but apparently not. hmmm....

svensk

HSC
N/A
A few ways in which lecturers silenced a class when I was at ANU,

- Just stop lecturing, and stand there silent. WHen the class eventually stopped talking, the lecturer would resume. If they started up again, he packed up his stuff and walked out.

- Point out the offending people, so the entire lecture theatre would turn and stare at them. Then make a comment that if they kept talking, they'd be no longer welcome in the theatre.

If a mobile phone was to ring, one leturer I had would walk up to the person, and insist on answering it. Then he would proceed to have a conversation with the person on the phone. The offender was generally so embarassed, they'd always remember to turn their phone onto silent.

The way I see it, if you're going to talk in a lecture, why bother being there? It's not as if they are compulsory.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hmm, good techniques for silencing a lecture. What subjects were you doing, btw?

svensk

HSC
N/A
Now or at ANU?

At ANU I did a BSc with a double major in chem. At CSU atm im doing intro to pharm, biochem and physiology.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Komaticom said:
Everyone here planning to start up a pharmacy when you graduate?
Private pharmaceutical company would be more common I'd say.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
svensk said:
Now or at ANU?

At ANU I did a BSc with a double major in chem. At CSU atm im doing intro to pharm, biochem and physiology.
hows biochem, its the hardest subject you will do, and dont bother going to class in 1st year, trust me, find out what was in the exam last year and learn it

svensk

HSC
N/A
crazybrad said:
hows biochem, its the hardest subject you will do, and dont bother going to class in 1st year, trust me, find out what was in the exam last year and learn it
To be honest i'm not finding biochem that difficult. I did some biochem when I was at ANU, so everything is going smoothly at the moment. If it is the hardest subject I will come across, then that is great :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
frootloop said:
This is for the Pharmacy students at USyd that talk all through lectures despite how many times they've been told off for doing so... and the fact that it's halfway through semester and they still don't get it that lectures aren't for talking through...

STFU (please)!
Heh, you turn up to lectures.

dibby2nv

HSC
hey guys can anyone send me some good notes plz for pharmacy, i need all the help i can get... thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)