Fisher and Student Cards (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Got e-mail today about the new student cards, but it only mentioned the Darlington centre as a place to get the new cards on Main Campus, but i was in Fisher today and they had MASSIVE signs pointing to "Student Card Centre", so do u reckon u can get 'em from Fisher but they just 4get to put it in teh e-mail?

and fuck, i wish i hadda go the email this morning otherwise i coulda got my snazzy new PLASTIC card today!

EDIT: Some1 in this thread tried to get one from Fisher and YOU CANNOT :(

Last edited:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
fisher would be handier... especially since i know where it is... and the massive signs might be handy too. I might get mine tomorrow... but the e-mail kind of put me off when it was like "there might be lines, so come back later" and i was like... yeah sure, i'll just travel the 2 hours home and then travel back in later, just for fun!

why cant they just wait till next year instead of giving us yet another thing to think about during exams... argh.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, me too. Is it possible to go in during O-Week or something?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hiphophooray123 said:
can we just leave getting it till next year?
i think obviously, u can, but i think it'll be a lot more difficult, and u'll be lumped with all teh noobs

USYD e-mail said:
1.5 It's impossible for me to come in, what do I do? Watch for my subsequent emails. If you do not attend campus in-person due to the circumstances of your enrolment, e.g. off-shore, interstate etc, you will need to contact the Student Card Office after 19 January 2007 to make arrangements to obtain your student card. You will notified of the contact details soon

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
helmut said:
is that a YES for fisher library then?
i dunno, but they definatley had signs and a room set up when i went there, mebbe they;re keeping it secret *shrugs* or it doesnt open till next year?

helmut

HSC
dang! why is the darlington centre all the way over there
*points to a far away place on the map that looks small. ie little service, long lines and only worth visiting if there is some form of free food/drink/entertainment*

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Where is the Darlington centre?

It sounds foreign.

I do hope you can get them from fisher.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Ohh, I've been there.

That is where you had to enrol for economics faculty yeah?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
YOU CANNOT GET YOUR CARDS IN FISHER...
i tried today... they directed me to Darlington... i was like... maybe some other time. (it was raining, and i had only an hour before my exam, i didn't want to wait in line and then have to leave to get to my exam before I got my card).

Ickedy... and my next exam is in the vet buildings.... so far from darlington.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i got my new card today, i ended up just going to Darlington Centre, btw, there werent a lot of people when i went, but lemmie tell u, they dont have a lot of space, so there could be ques quite easily, be warned!

helmut

HSC
hm. okay so it wasn't too far away.
i wasn't very awake
but i did notice that
they have nice red chairs.
wanting to get everything uni-wise over with i got mine today, forgetting that they'd take photo, and that my eyes were massive dark rings [from lack of sleep, not from my wonderful emo eyeliner getting smudged in the apparent rain which i must have missed]

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i was totally raining, but only for 1/2 an hour or so, at like 10 am. maybe people weren't out of bed yet... or were in exams... but i got wet, well, damp anyway.

we got yelled at by the cranky exam ladies because we were waiting outside the exam room, but we were all huddled up against the wall so we weren't in the rain and apparently we were noisy... the people came out like 2 mins later anyway, their exam was already over. Stupid cranky old people.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I went to the Darlington Centre just then and there are no queues, there is no one there, I was in and out in about 2 minutes.

Now I have a shiny new PLASTIC student card that won't go soggy (hopefully) when my bag gets wet.

I say go early in the morning about now (like 10am) so you don't have to wait in the queue. And do it before first semester goes back next year, if not you'll have to wait in line with the n00bs.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i went and got mine today, had to wait about 15 mins, but as soon as I got there, like 20 other people turned up, and they would have been waiting much longer i'd say. its a bit disorganised, there's no clear queue, just seats, and the forms to fill out are at the front of the rom, so you have to squish past everyone to get them so you can fill them out as you wait. So yeah, go early I reckon, not at midday when all them exams are finished and people all go.

Oh, and the place its in is totally random... but there are signs, so you'll find it eventually.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep! Ah, just got mine just now. My friends and I were peeking at everyone else's cards when we walked out of Darlington Centre. I look too happy--must be the relief and ecstasy from finishing this paper (best subject, so good chance there) plus the fact that I got through! after a fire alarm went off in our room (Wentworth Terrace) and stopped exam for 20 minutes and we all entertained the very real possibility that we would have to resit the paper, and IT'S END OF FIRST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, anyway, the cards don't look as cheap now, which is good.

tennille

HSC
Crap. I'm in Wentworth Terrace on Friday...again. I don't want another fire alarm like last semester. :(

I'll probably get my student card on Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)