Fitzpatrick vs Terry Lee (1 Viewer)

tk8

HSC
I can't decide between purchasing the Fitzpatrick textbook or Terry Lee textbook for 3u maths (and next year when I pick up 4u maths). I want something that has very challenging questions, but not questions which are unrealistically hard or irrelevant to the HSC. Which one is the best textbook to practice with?

Thank you!

username_2

HSC
I can't decide between purchasing the Fitzpatrick textbook or Terry Lee textbook for 3u maths (and next year when I pick up 4u maths). I want something that has very challenging questions, but not questions which are unrealistically hard or irrelevant to the HSC. Which one is the best textbook to practice with?

Thank you!
Well in that case neither are very helpful. Terry lee allows you to deal with the very hardest of the questions of the HSC although is a bit excessive in my opinion. Fitzpatrick 4U is very good for the basics and developing flexible exam technique but not a whole lot of difficult questions. So neither are very good but you know what is - Cambridge. Do the stuff after development and you should be set for the hsc really.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

Thank you!
The old Fitpatrick puts some stinkers in there if you manage to find it (but also has some mistakes, so its bit of Russian roulette). (The newer version is a little bit tamer as per above comment, but it has less mistakes and a bit more explanation).

I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)