Five eighths and half backs (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Do all of them know how to kick? discuss
some of the five-eighths let the halfbacks do all the kicking and vice versa

Trogie

HSC
Traditionally the halves should both have a sound kicking game, but this varies depending on each players style. For example some 5/8's are at their best when they're running the ball and looking to expose tired defenders, for example Braith Anasta.
Nowadays the positions are sort of interchangeable and are therefore very similar, both are called on to do some kicking whether long or short and they have to be good at it.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
golfstick said:
In union it's the full back or fly that does the kicking, the halfback has nothing do to with it
huh? half back does kick sometimes in games, straight form the ruck,maul or scrum. also centres kick in the game. eg. with the wallabies sometimes giteu kicks at inside centre - the reason being to get a better angle, therefore a more distance.

Boom Selecta

HSC
Halfback does some kicking in union. Half in league is the main kicking position. 5/8 works with him aswell.

disco

HSC
golfstick said:
In union it's the full back or fly that does the kicking, the halfback has nothing do to with it
not necessarily. its pretty much anyone in the backs that can kick!! take macalister (i dunno how to spell his name) he plays and kicks for the auckland blues, and he used to play at centre, but is currently playing at 2nd receiver!! in the brumbies, its either giteau (2nd receiver, no.12), mortlock (centre, no.13), or gerrard (fullback, but he used to be a wing, no.11)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
disco said:
not necessarily. its pretty much anyone in the backs that can kick!! take macalister (i dunno how to spell his name) he plays and kicks for the auckland blues, and he used to play at centre, but is currently playing at 2nd receiver!! in the brumbies, its either giteau (2nd receiver, no.12), mortlock (centre, no.13), or gerrard (fullback, but he used to be a wing, no.11)

your a female?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
bootylicious said:
why would he find that surprising??? :confused: wats wrong wit disco being a chick??
Im just guessing, but I assume its coz of her knowledge of union

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
miss_gtr said:
many girls take interest in footy these days!!!
I didnt say i'm suprised, im just guessing why he would be suprised. I could be wrong

miss_gtr said:
hey Suney_J i have THE best picture, u wuold LOVE it
post it ....

bootylicious

HSC
there are a lot of gals that like union!! I, for example, am a union fanatic too!!!

i don't get wats so surprising about a chick being into rugby?? i mean its a cool sport, and its entertaining, and exciting to watch!!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
miss_gtr said:
how do u put a pic up?
just when you're posting scroll down to additional options and click on manage attachments and upload your pic

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
bootylicious said:
there are a lot of gals that like union!! I, for example, am a union fanatic too!!!

i don't get wats so surprising about a chick being into rugby?? i mean its a cool sport, and its entertaining, and exciting to watch!!
LOL, I didnt mean to create a fuss I was just guessing why mr_speedy would be suprised disco was a female, and she wasnt just 'into' Rugby she knew quite a bit about it.
I dont even know if he was suprised and Im not saying I was suprised

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)