Five minutes reading time completely inadequate! (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
thanks to the practice id had, i found all my q's in about 2 mins and sat there staring at the clock for the other 3 :)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i went straight to my questions BY LOOKING AT THE CONTENTS PAGE and ripped them out.

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i didnt seem to face this problem.. i think i new my questions well enough and where they were in past papers just to flick straight to them... i had heaps of time to read the question and plan in my head how to answer them

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
took me about 1 to have read each question

just read down contents
find page
turn to page

this advice is abit late, but still. plenty of time.

i cant stand reading time, it gives me a fair indication on how much i will fail

jack white

After Hours
HSC
the exam conveners helped us before the exam, they told us that we didnt need one section and that we should throw it away and then told us which sections we had to do. i had a whole minute left to think in reading time. amazing!

HSC
yeah reading time was more than enough i knew where to look for my questions and looked through and read em all in aout 2 minutes, spent last 3 minutes tryin to decide which way round to put Sparta and Rome (Augustus to Titus). Hard to decide which to do as society and which to do as additional society

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I wrote down all Question Numbers (2, 72 and I can't remember the others) Part Numbers (the letters) and parts before I went in, so I could go straight to them. I also ripped the paper apart and put the unnecessary parts on the floor to keep them out of my way. Consequently, 5 minutes reading time dragged on for me.

Jeeeb

Yeah I found my quesstions using the TOC on each section, spent the first part of reading time getting the staple out without damaging the paper (ended up hurting my finger though :'( damn short finger nails) read through questions then spent the last part considering the personalities questions which at least for Hatshepsut I thought were abit left-field

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I took too long to decide short answer or essay.. they all seemed quite doable. And our teacher taught us to fold a dog ear on the pages we were doing.. less destructive than ripping out pages.

mel- RAVO

nah- reading time was fine!!

The reading time was fine- too long if you ask me.

For the half yearlys, trials and obvriously for the HSC, our teacher wrote down all the questions we could answer. And during reading time, all of us just pulled apart our papers and folded them over to the questions we wanted to answer- no big deal at all.

niteshade1312

HSC
haven't you ever been shown the paper before? We had this huge problem in trials when people couldnt read the paper! THAT'S WHAT TEH CONTENTS PAGE IS FOR...

Last edited:

jaba

What The!!!!!!!!!

It Was A Gay Test Like All Of You Complaining

Bo-batron

HSC
jaba said:
It Was A Gay Test Like All Of You Complaining
hahahahaha - exactly.

But anywho... the lovely look after us people went through it with all of us before reading time started, and we've looked at it before school ended anyways.....

hipPo3

HSC
mel- RAVO said:
The reading time was fine- too long if you ask me.
i felt the same way ...

5 mins is too long .. no piont, i found out where my Q's were, and how to answer em.

a8o

HSC
I always end up reading the questions when they check for printing errors inthe paper and circle my questions in reading time.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
your not meant to actually do anything with the paper as in circling with a pen or highlighter during reading time you twit.

Robert422

HSC
I agree 5 minutes isnt enough!

I agree, 5 minutes allows you to seperate papers from booklet and take out the part you are not doing wheather it be ancient societies or additional historical periods. This done you then have the daunting task of sorting through all the questiosn to find your own and then double check in makeing sure that your choices are correct and that they are in order! 5 minutes is a complete joke 10 minutes at least in future i recommend. Also the size of the paper was enormous i know there was alot to cover but ll those blank pages and repeats on options and questions waste of paper and resources, BOS think of a way in decreaseing the size already you killing nature!
Good luck for remaining test if any remain.

Regards,

Robert Murphy

ladki

HSC
rockon said:
i didnt seem to face this problem.. i think i new my questions well enough and where they were in past papers just to flick straight to them... i had heaps of time to read the question and plan in my head how to answer them
same, i think i did this paper really well.

ladki

HSC
rockon said:
same, i think i did this paper really well, fingaaz crossed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)