Flash Actionscript (1 Viewer)

Cotlone

Just out of interest, does anyone here know Flash actionscript?
Written any cool stuff?
Would you consider it to be a worthy lanuage for students to learn?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not reeeeeeeally.....Flash is mainly meant for graphics design etc etc. You can do nice things with actionscript, but I don't know about calling those things 'applications'.

Cotlone

Yeah its not true code in that sense
However you can produce applications with it easily. I guess that depends on the definition of application. Flash has the potential of creating a fair damn bit - comparable to VB.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah I have done a bit of action scripting. Just stuff like physics stuff (writing dots to a screen at different speeds/rates) and also done like a who wants to be a millionare sort of project.

Flash I believe shouldnt be allowed in SDD Year 12 proejcts however I have no objection for year 11.

Cotlone

Yeah i love using flash for physics simulations. I attempted de Broglie's wave on a particles movement kinda the other day - but i dont have time to do it properly - i ended up with an interesting result though - electrons with would randomly hover around a nucleas, crossing it a stuff.

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
im making an action game in flash for my sdd project. Ive been playing flash ever since flash 4 came out so im kinda addicted.

I wont say that flashMX suck, its really kinda challenging (well for me it is).
My action game's taking so far 36 pages of V1 actionscripting.

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
www.geocities.com/enterspacecapsule/

Ive just put it through testing and ive decided to make a few modifications; theres a few bugs me and my friends uncovered and i might consider editing some moves and adding new enemies, (cos they said its borin).

Last edited:

raymes

HSC
thats hell good dude, awesomeness
you must be a fairly good artist too ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)