Flexibile First Year Engineering (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out

yeah, u should b prepared to work overseas...otherwise (as keypad told me) - "u'll b playing pool wif the IT/computer science guys after u graduate (i.e u'll end up jobless)"...this statement might have some truth to it i must admit. :D
lol nice statement... well i know computer science isn't as solely recognised in aus, but in america they recognise comp sci people more, it's strange... aus likes IT people.. lol bleh ahh well, we'll see in 3 yrs time when i graduate.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
lol nice statement... well i know computer science isn't as solely recognised in aus, but in america they recognise comp sci people more, it's strange... aus likes IT people.. lol bleh ahh well, we'll see in 3 yrs time when i graduate.
well is there any difference b/w comp. science and IT? :S

anyways- u can always bcome a teacher and stop the plague of ignorant SDD/IPT teachers. :p

Winston

HSC
well is there any difference b/w comp. science and IT? :S

anyways- u can always bcome a teacher and stop the plague of ignorant SDD/IPT teachers. :p
Well actually in terms of my course... its more flexible... lol like you can totally graduate from it and have like 20% of it being computer related lol... but IT at USYD, is geared 100% hardcore towards every aspect of computers, their electives must be all about comps etc.. so i duno =\... and besides there's only like a handful of people doing IT like 50? i think, the UAI was like 97/98 i think and yeah :D

Winston

HSC
ahhh...no wonder u didn't do IT- anyawys, ru planning on applying for a transfer? :D
nah... cbf... i don't wanna work myself out too hard... i wanna cruise through uni and see what happens. I never realised Soft Eng dropped from the 90's to 86! :| a friend told me, because he's doing it, and hes doing identical subs as me except he does physics as well thats all... damn... ahh well

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
and Calculon the vast majority of aeronautical engineers have a job within 3 months of completing the degree

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
and Calculon the vast majority of aeronautical engineers have a job within 3 months of completing the degree
However, don't expect one purely geared to working in aeronautical engineering, a more general-engineering job is what you end up getting.

Adam

HSC
Aero x Australia x Job opportunities = 0 (as the latter two equal zero :p)

God I hate maths with every inch of my body, luckily there is only two more years of it left....

Oh, and you only do one semester for chem, pass it and you will not need to do it for the rest of your life.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Adam
Oh, and you only do one semester for chem, pass it and you will not need to do it for the rest of your life.
But I like chem:p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
then u might wanna major in that under ya B science degree.

anyways- if u r doing aero degree- u'll b doing a lot of chemistry- trust me on this. ;)
Serious? I thought it was mostly physics.

Adam

HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
But I like chem:p
Well I like Tool a lot so take that ;)

You'll see me frequently walking around in Tool t-shirts or jumpers.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
then u might wanna major in that under ya B science degree.

anyways- if u r doing aero degree- u'll b doing a lot of chemistry- trust me on this. ;)

man, i hoping there is more physics than chem, cause i didnt do chem in yr.12 cause i hated it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
man, i hoping there is more physics than chem, cause i didnt do chem in yr.12 cause i hated it.
well u will b doing chem. in semester one and u can do chemistry fundementals (which doesn't have hsc chem. as assumed knowledge)...nevertheless, u'll still b doing chemistry in aero. engineering even after first year!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)