• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Flexible first year question (1 Viewer)

nathan24

HSC
Hi im doing flexible first year at usyd this year and i have been told that i need to maintain credits throughout the year in order to successfully transfer into my course that has a cut-off above my atar. My question is how hard is this? and if i fail to maintain credits, will i be able to transfer to say, UTS civil engineering and use my bonus points available from doing selected subjects in year 12?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Hi im doing flexible first year at usyd this year and i have been told that i need to maintain credits throughout the year in order to successfully transfer into my course that has a cut-off above my atar. My question is how hard is this? and if i fail to maintain credits, will i be able to transfer to say, UTS civil engineering and use my bonus points available from doing selected subjects in year 12?
The rules of FFY at USyd are at http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/engineering/rules/faculty_resolutions.shtml.

You are guaranteed transfer into Civil.

For other courses, you eiother need the ATAR or first year WAM. As a guide, a first year WAM of 65 represents about the top 50% of students in first year.

If you moved to UTS after a year of Sydney, you are judged by different criteria as a student with a tertiary record, rather than a recent HSC school leaver. You would need to approach UTS (or research their admission rules yourself) is they would include "bonus points" in such a case.

nathan24

HSC
so im guaranteed transfer even though my atar is below the cut-off and i only achieve passes rather than credits?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)