Flexipass, Weeklies or Return Tickets? (1 Viewer)

Smithereens

HSC
Hey guys,

I've searched this topic up on the forums but the posts by members have been vague. I'll be going to university 3 days a week, and I'm probably going to join a few clubs and societies in my first year. Basically, given my situation, out of the above three, which one would be the most cost-effective and suitable ticket for me to get. I'll be travelling from Livo to Redfern ($5 a return ticket).

Cheers.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Hey guys,

I've searched this topic up on the forums but the posts by members have been vague. I'll be going to university 3 days a week, and I'm probably going to join a few clubs and societies in my first year. Basically, given my situation, out of the above three, which one would be the most cost-effective and suitable ticket for me to get. I'll be travelling from Livo to Redfern ($5 a return ticket).

Cheers.

Oh yes i am in the same dilemma! :cold:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
what are the odds you'll need to go to uni the other days for your club activities etc?

if the cost of 3 inidvidual return tickets to redfern is $15, compare that with the cost of a weekly. Chances are the return tickets may be cheaper. For me, if I worked in the city, the cost of the weekly covers my travel to uni and work. Balance your needs.

Smithereens

HSC
what are the odds you'll need to go to uni the other days for your club activities etc?

if the cost of 3 inidvidual return tickets to redfern is $15, compare that with the cost of a weekly. Chances are the return tickets may be cheaper. For me, if I worked in the city, the cost of the weekly covers my travel to uni and work. Balance your needs.
Fair enough, how about a flexipass over the long term?

Thanks for this btw.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
yeah use the fare calcualtor, times the return ticket by 3, and compare it to the weekly pass. I know for me a weekly works out 40c cheaper

Smithereens

HSC
^Yeah, the weekly ticket is $5 more expensive, but does give me the option of having 4 days extra as well. I might get that. Thanks! :)

jaimebien

HSC
I was a little confused about this initially too. I catch a private bus, a train and then a public bus to uni. Finally decided to get a weekly concession ticket for the private bus and a weekly TravelPass for the train+bus. The TravelPass, depending on which zone colour you get (which depends on where you live), will allow you unlimited public bus, train and ferry travel in the area bounded by several suburbs (generally from a major western and northern suburb and the city). You should note that for TravelPasses (yes, they are spelt like that), you should get the concession weekly as the quarterly and yearly tickets charge full adult price. More info here: CityRail - Tickets & Fares

blatblatmatt

HSC
Im five days a week, so cost effectiveness goes monthly > fortnightly > weekly > daily.. But that changes with timetabling ofc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)