Flip Flops (1 Viewer)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
So what flip flops are people learning about?

Syllabus says:
- Flip Flops.

What does that mean?
Do they want simple R/S ones? Gated/Clocked? Etc?

beemo

Ya. We learnt the basic ones, RS and gated, but more importantly we got drilled with the logic behind them, ie bistable device with a looping nature etc. Teacher says this is the stuff we need to know.

jogloran

Yeah, our teacher is pretty much learning as we do. I wish we got drilled with logic on a more regular basis...

-X-

HSC
N/A
I think we only need to know the RS flip flop. The other ones get a little too complicated lol.

JRasnier

i have no idea, but i know from certain my year wont know anything about flip-flops since the only thing in our text books "CaroleWilson" only says that a flip-flop is used to store binary digits, and thats it we have never learnt about the different types of flip-flops and never will, since we are doing review meaning we have finished the course now..., well glad im studying from other textbooks also....

Comedy_Al

oh.... as in shoes? Filp Flops are a basic circut that can store a bit of data, ie a tiny bit of memory. These duplicated many times make up your standard memory chip.

DJBABAL

hehe, yeh shoes... right sorry we havnt even touched on them at all... very strange... i might have to interogate my teach over this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)