Flowchart for industrial production of ethanol? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
In an exam is it good to use a flowchart for this since I find it easier to write it this way, rather than number the steps from 1-100.
Will I get marked down if I use a flowchart? Does anyone know? Thanks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
In an exam is it good to use a flowchart for this since I find it easier to write it this way, rather than number the steps from 1-100.
Remember, whether you use a flow chart or not, you should always include a balanced chemical equation to support your answer. It depends on how much detail you actually put into your flowchart as well, but in general answer the question in a concise and clear way. You are definitely hyperbolising there is 100 steps to write, it is probably 5-6, and there won't be much difference between writing the procedure step by step and a flowchart. Hope this helps. If you are unsure, always read through the marking criteria of the question whenever possible-if you are doing it for practice, I think very rarely does the marking criteria mark you down for doing it in a flow chart-but again, it is highly dependent on the exam verb and question as well. Hope this helps somewhat:)

aanthnnyyy

HSC
My teachers a hsc marker and she said DEFINITELLLYYYY when you can because it makes the answer more coherent and markers love it. There was one time when a student wrote 2 pages for an answer when the question required half a page... She said markers are reluctant to read all the crap and sometimes just give em full marks because it is assured that the student knows their stuff :lol:

And ye like strawb said, include chemical equations etc... Really just show as much detail to show u know ur stuff :)

grind 31

happypeople

A Happy Person
HSC
Markers probably love it when students use flow charts in their answers because it's neater, clearer and much easier for them to find the information that they're marking and giving you marks for. However, I do agree with strawberrye in that relevant and important chemical equations MUST be provided in your answer.

Also remember that for flow charts, have neat boxes (preferably drawn with rulers) and draw arrows (again with a ruler) when progressing from one box to another.

Bear in mind your answer must still contain proper grammar etc especially for the 6-8 mark questions as some of those marks may be allocated to expression in the HSC exam.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
flowcharts are great. you can use the one (I think it is) in Conquering chem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)