font formatting (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys - wow it is nearly over!!!!
i've got to hand mine in by thursday this week, so all the final footnoting, editing, formatting stuff is being done. And i hae a question related ot this if anyone could help :)

I know we have to either use times new roman or arial in 12 point font - but are we allowed to bold a complete paragraph? would that be considered "breaking" the rules???

i personally think its okay, but i jsut wanted to make sure. i think its too late to contact the board of studies and ask, and i guess its not really a big deal as such.

but if you do know, then please post !!! :)

jimmayyy

HSC
i use bold and italics on whole paragraphs to show their difference in form from the rest of the mw. bos can blow me if its breaking the rules.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Wouldn't you have written in it such a way that it shows what's important/different without having to bold it ?

J

jhakka

There is no problem with what additional formatting you use, so long as you're not just doing it for the sake of it. Having said that, you do not need to talk about it in your Reflection Statement if it's not a main part of what your work is about. Just be able to justify it to yourself.

jimmayyy

HSC
greycats said:
Wouldn't you have written in it such a way that it shows what's important/different without having to bold it ?
one is stream of conciousness writing and one is typed out transcripts of vocal stream of conciousness.

the idea that "words will do the work" is a utter fallacy, esp. in ext 2. no one is a good enough writer to write a total piece of writing in a single format - or else we wouldn't need paragraphs, line breaks etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)