foo fighters - in your honour rating (1 Viewer)

HSC
just got it, listening to it now, its pretty good ill give it a 3.5/5

best songs that iveh eard so far:

no way back
best of you
end over end
still
what if i do
miracle
another round
over and out
virginia moon
cold day in the sun

the first disc is rock, 2nd disc is more soft acoustic type

lei

HSC
aww lucky you.. i'm dying to hear it... by which means did you get it though? the cd isnt out til the 13th

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
if i want to hear their new album ill just listen to their last one, or the one before that, they all sound the same anyway.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I haven't heard the album yet but I like their single "Best of You". I hope this album is better than their last, which I was disappointed with. It only had about two songs that I liked:(.

ChrisE

HSC
if best of you is a sign of what the album is like, i think ill give that one a miss. average, so very average. dave grohl wants this album to be their flag in the sands of music history, unfortunately colour and the shape was so good i doubt that in your honour will be their dark side of the moon or white album like he wants it to be for the foos.

Ninga

HSC
Yeah, I've had a listen to it, I don't reckon its anywhere as good as Colour and the Shape. But I've listened to Colour and the Shape a lot more, maybe it will grow on me...

slip

HSC
from what ive heard so far (on triple j, its the feature album this week) i think this album is going to be brilliant.

and for whoever said that 'flag in the sand of music history' do you believe its possible for one man to plant many flags, dave grohl has so much talent, NEVERMIND will always be considered one of the best albums of all time (even thou i rate other nirvana albums higher) and colour and shape and this album seem to be reaching that kinda level. (for me at least)

slip

HSC
did anyone watch the interview with andrew denton on enough rope?

i missed it but i just read the transcript, my god, dave grohl is well adjusted and articulate.

i particularly like what he had to say about kurt's death... something along the lines of everyone thinks that they must have been walking around with a black cloud on there heads, but they had fun.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I like Denton because of stuff like that. If they had got the chance to be interviewed rather than just play on Rove, I guarantee he would have steered way clear of anything to do with Kurt.

slip

HSC
oh yeh definately. rove never asks any really probing questions, he just manages to bring across the celebrities sense of humour. thats good too, but denton is great because he tackles those issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)