Food at USYD (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
braodway food court's pretty shitty tho... the only edible food is prolly sushis at sushi world...

chepas

HSC
Nerrr@myself I completely forgot about the Donut King! And the McCafe :p

Re: Steaks at Lansdowne. Yes. Worth the slight mini-hike.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
piccaninny said:
people does anyone know where in uni good coffee place, i had a coffee at wentworth it was shit.
all hail azzuri @ wentworth lvl1
heard twas the best coffee around... tho i think mannin's coffee is alright too...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BB's espresso -avg cofee

At the broadway foodcourt, there are great gourmet burgers. Forgot what the place is called though.

miss conduct

its cold
HSC
chepas said:
Where's a good place on campus to get a good chocolate milkshake
don't get milkshakes on the bottom level of wentworth, i got one today and it was like just milk and tasted almost watery! :mad:

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
BB's espresso -avg cofee

At the broadway foodcourt, there are great gourmet burgers. Forgot what the place is called though.
Burger Bun (formerly Bite Burgers).

Their $4.90 Chicken Logie burger is absolute heaven in a bun. Mmm... I could go one of those right now...

Adam

HSC
$4 snitchzel + chips + gravy - Level 1 Wentworth
~$4.50 Lasagna - Top level of Wentworth

The rest is pretty much standard, but these two are my favourites, but nothing beats being cheap and bringing your own sandwich.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Adam said:
$4 snitchzel + chips + gravy - Level 1 Wentworth
~$4.50 Lasagna - Top level of Wentworth

The rest is pretty much standard, but these two are my favourites, but nothing beats being cheap and bringing your own sandwich.
schnitzel = 480 isn't it?!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the manning wasnt expensive. I got fish and chips for $4.50.
Then a free beer :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i had sushi from that healthy place on level 3 i think. god, it tasted like crap. I only discovered level 4 later and the other levels. Im so going to one of those next time. I caught the sandwich bar too late and had to put up with expensive crap tasting sushi. ew

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Go to Broadway Sushi World to get better quality sushi. It's quite a distance unfortunately.

Lainee

HSC
I can safely say that I have never bought anything from uni or it's surrounds before... :( I always plan to go get a coffee in the mornings - but always get there late so have to run to class without coffee. Plan to have lunch somewhere - and then skip lunch all together to go library or do some reading. Even the BBQs for my socs so far have been held during times when I have classes. >.<

I don't think I've eaten lunch at all this week!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
Go to Broadway Sushi World to get better quality sushi. It's quite a distance unfortunately.
ditto... 540 for 3 big rolls... relatively cheap already...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
The pie place on lvl 4 wentworth (around the other side of the box of chips/fried foods) might be worth a try. Stack on everything extras (peas, mash, etc.) and have at the same time, but beware it's an 'engineer fare'. :devil's advocate:

---
Ralph's is quite good (depending on what you order, I had foccacias), but pricey.

---
Steaks... Lansdown...

---
Walk down King st for Thai, there's a whole range of thai restaurants at ~$6 for very sizeable meals. Opinions vary on which ones to go. (Big crowds at 1pm.)

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Newtown Thai II is cheap and good. That's the one I went to on King St, Newtown. And yeah it does get quite busy during normal lunching hours.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Yes! NTThai II! Went there last night actually.

For thai restaurants: Especially for lunch, if you can get a few people coming and sharing it gets even cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)