FOOD TECH OR BIOlOGY? (1 Viewer)

emma5795

HSC
I'm having a difficult decision choosing between food tech or biology for my hsc subject selections - im in year 10.
I'm good at food tech and I enjoy it. However - very very low scaling and it won't be any useful in the future - shitty subject.
I'm slightly under average at biology - recieve C's and am not to sure about it's scaling. It's useful for the future for getting entrances into uni since i'm not doing any sciences.

Your opinions on which i should pick? Personal experience? Past atars with these subjects and how you performed in them?

princess112

HSC
U realise ur comparing 2 very different subjects i'm doing biology for HSC and its one of my favorites but when exams come along it takes a load of time to study the syllabus is long and very detailed but from my experience there's no such thing as an easy hsc subject there all a pain so if ur into the body, plants etc. u should enjoy it if ur the type of person that falls asleep in science ull hate urself for the rest of hsc.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a reason it's out of these two? It's just they are so different. But in your case, do food tech since it seems you don't like science.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I would do bio - I do it now and love it. Much more interesting and more useful. It's good to do at least one science, and people genuinely get excited about bio classes, especially practicals. Plus you get an excursion to the disease museum at UNSW.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Biology pishes all over Food tech in terms of scaling. Also, those who are less academic tend to take subjects like Food tech (in HSC circumstances). All im saying is don't write yourself off. How you do in year 10 has no reflection on how you'll do in senior years. People and interests change.

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Scaling ain't gonna mean jack shit if you hate the subject and (usually) will do shit in it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly what sly said. That's why I said OP food tech but thy choosing out bio if you hate it.

erob, damn you get cool bio excursions, I got to squelch about a wetland in freezing conditions for my bio excursion.

starryblue

HSC
do food tec~ scaling might be low but if ur really good at it, it'll be fine. whereas for bio, if u suck at it or u hate, then there's no point of doing it. unless ur ready for the workload, then go for it. Decide wisely~
ah, u'll be my rival if u choose bio for 2013 =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)