Food to eat while losing weight? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
low GI carbs:
sweet potato
brown bread
brown rice

protein:
chicken
red meat
fish
egg whites
nuts
WPI shakes

healthy fats:
fatty fish
nuts (almonds or cashews. unsalted and raw)
nut butter
olive oil
avocado

fruits and vegetables (avoid calorie dense ones i.e. really sweet fruit like mangos)

eat a balanced diet 40% clean carbs, 30% protein and 30$ healthy fats on a calorie defecit and you'll lose body fat.
chuck in some resistance training and you're on the money.

oisac

HSC
low GI carbs:
sweet potato
brown bread
brown rice

protein:
chicken
red meat
fish
egg whites
nuts
WPI shakes

healthy fats:
fatty fish
nuts (almonds or cashews. unsalted and raw)
nut butter
olive oil
avocado

fruits and vegetables (avoid calorie dense ones i.e. really sweet fruit like mangos)

eat a balanced diet 40% clean carbs, 30% protein and 30$ healthy fats on a calorie defecit and you'll lose body fat.
chuck in some resistance training and you're on the money.
THIS + workout your BMR then go on swole.me and make you your overall calories eaten is a calorie deficit (below your BMR). + with cardio

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
If you're looking to lose weight, how you eat your food is just as important as what you're actually eating. The foods kfnmpah listed are pretty much staples.

Try using a calorie calculator to assess what your daily maintenance of calories is and then lower that by a few hundred. You don't need to stick to calorie counting forever, but I would highly recommend it at least while you're starting out. You'll be surprised at some of the foods you'll find to be counter productive to your goal. Throw in a healthy mix of weight training and cardio (the latter being less important than the former) and you should start dropping off weight provided you stay consistent.

Edit: Forgot to add the most important bit. Getting your metab up will do you wonders. Weight training will help with us, as will constant meals. Yes I'm telling you to eat more, but in lesser quantities. Try to aim for 5-6 small, evenly spaced meals a day.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Examine, do at least 6 sessions of swimming per week.

When you get home, drink ONE protein shake (make it yourself from the powder). This will keep you very full for a long time. On top of that, eat some of what kfnmpah said. No more late night snacking. No more KFC or Maccas.

Drink at least 2L of water per day.

It will be tough, but you will shed weight VERY quickly like this.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
"I have had to eat my own words many times, and I have found it a very nourishing diet." - Winston Churchill.

The Bui

HSC
If you're looking to lose weight, how you eat your food is just as important as what you're actually eating. The foods kfnmpah listed are pretty much staples.

Try using a calorie calculator to assess what your daily maintenance of calories is and then lower that by a few hundred. You don't need to stick to calorie counting forever, but I would highly recommend it at least while you're starting out. You'll be surprised at some of the foods you'll find to be counter productive to your goal. Throw in a healthy mix of weight training and cardio (the latter being less important than the former) and you should start dropping off weight provided you stay consistent.

Edit: Forgot to add the most important bit. Getting your metab up will do you wonders. Weight training will help with us, as will constant meals. Yes I'm telling you to eat more, but in lesser quantities. Try to aim for 5-6 small, evenly spaced meals a day.
this but also remember to have the biggest meal at breakfast to start your metabolism up and smallest at dinner

halapenyo

HSC
this but also remember to have the biggest meal at breakfast to start your metabolism up and smallest at dinner
yeah i have been doing this by having a nice brunch and then eating small meals the rest of the day.

kfnmpah

HSC
i recently read a study (can't remember where) that proved that breakfast size did not influence lunch size
so you might as well eat a normal sized breakfast and not eat more calories for no reason. as long as you eat breakfast, you'll give your body a kick start.

halapenyo

HSC
i recently read a study (can't remember where) that proved that breakfast size did not influence lunch size
so you might as well eat a normal sized breakfast and not eat more calories for no reason. as long as you eat breakfast, you'll give your body a kick start.
i have been getting up at about 10-10:30 every morning. so if i eat my breaskfast around that time is my body getting that kick start? or do i need to get up and eat breakfast earlier in the morning.

boris

Banned
HSC
yes it doesnt matter what time you get up just as long as you eat within 45mins or something

getting up at 6 is much better for you though by staying awake at night you are shortening your life considerably. so sorry

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
yes it doesnt matter what time you get up just as long as you eat within 45mins or something
I wake up at 4:30am but I usually don't eat by 8:00am.

I like to think I'm relatively healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)