Football discussion thread (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Can I also add, I gotta give some props to Arsenal. Like after their first 3 games, I thought they were done out. But they haven't lost a game ever since their 5-0 loss to City, and in terms of form since then, are actually one of the best teams in the league. I know it's still very early (still almost 30 games left), but at this rate, top 4 is looking quite a possibility for them.
ngl, arsenal's new signings for the future have been a masterstroke

DarkOperator618

HSC
Honestly, I'm not sure how that win bodes for United fans, as it just means Ole probably stays in the job a bit longer. There's no way they can sack him after a 3-0 win
but for literally any other fan, its a W

especially for city fans cus we got them next in the prem

boombaboom

HSC
city and liverpool drop points
united slap up tottenham
oles at the wheel #21iscoming

icycledough

HSC
Literally PSG and Man United have the exact same issue at the moment; world class players individually but no overall chemistry ... like honestly, imagine having Messi, Neymar, Mbappe (that attack alone is probably worth than most first teams in the world), Ramos, Donnarumma and everyone else but still not being able to win most games, let alone every game

DarkOperator618

HSC
Literally PSG and Man United have the exact same issue at the moment; world class players individually but no overall chemistry ... like honestly, imagine having Messi, Neymar, Mbappe (that attack alone is probably worth than most first teams in the world), Ramos, Donnarumma and everyone else but still not being able to win most games, let alone every game
i don't think they've even used ramos

icycledough

HSC
i don't think they've even used ramos
Oh yh, I saw a football news article which was like they're considering sacking him despite not even having played a game for Ramos, because of his injury record. If that's the case, that surely has to be one of their worst signings. Like I get he's one of the best right now and all, but once you get to a certain age, your body can't just cope like it did 10 years ago. Unless you're Ronaldo of course, who even being 36/37, is literally saving Man United and Ole from getting the sack.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It isn’t a team chemistry problem, it’s a management problem. Pochettino just isn’t capable of effectively managing a team with this much talent. This isn’t surprising considering Zidane is now reportedly open to managing PSG should he be given the opportunity. Also, a couple of match-specific factors to note:
  • Ramos is yet to play his first game for PSG
  • Messi did not participate due to injury

DarkOperator618

HSC
It isn’t a team chemistry problem, it’s a management problem. Pochettino just isn’t capable of effectively managing a team with this much talent. This isn’t surprising considering Zidane is now reportedly open to managing PSG should he be given the opportunity. Also, a couple of match-specific factors to note:
i mean its pretty cool to see man city still on top of the table

laterz laterz

HSC
saw a few highlights from messis previous games. he hasn't been playing that well. a lot of misplaced passes, unsuccessful dribbles, pretty bad throughballs. he ain't living up to the expectations

DarkOperator618

HSC
saw a few highlights from messis previous games. he hasn't been playing that well. a lot of misplaced passes, unsuccessful dribbles, pretty bad throughballs. he ain't living up to the expectations
he's on that Barcelona depression, which is understandable

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
i mean its pretty cool to see man city still on top of the table
We’ll let you enjoy it for now. All eyes on the Etihad 👀

Yet he scored a great goal against City and carried PSG in the home game against Leipzig. It wouldn’t be fair to blame Messi for not fully meeting his expectations. We need a manager who has experience in managing multiple talented players, who can bring out the best in each of them, and that manager will be none other than Zidane.

icycledough

HSC
I think Chelsea is a great example of what I was trying to say, a lack of chemistry wasn't the right term to use but as you mentioned, a lack of proper management. If you look at their squad, they don't have many world-class players like Ronaldo, Salah, Messi, etc. Rather, they're able to develop their players to reach a world-class level (I could use many examples: Mendy, James, Rudiger, etc). But why they've been so successful with Tuchel is because of his great management and that every player understands exactly what their role is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)