Football - Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
I dont care if he goes, hes 30 something now, if chelsea wanna cash him out for 15-20 million i wouldnt blame them.

He'd need to be replaced though, which would be a worry.

johony

HSC
record deal.

man u shouldn't have let him go easily, but eh, whatevs

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol at letting him go so easily, he wants to leave and it's a world record fee...what else are they meant to do?

LordPc

HSC
it may just be me being narrow, but if I were a good footballer, I would never go to Real Madrid, they just seem like the biggest underachieving club there is. they go through world class players and managers and only manage scarce victories. when was the last time they won the UCL? or were even runners up?

a Liverpool supporter here, but I would definately say Man U is a much more successful club than Real, and why Ronaldo wants to leave is beyond me. ditto for Kaka. maybe they just want money

Charizard

HSC
it may just be me being narrow, but if I were a good footballer, I would never go to Real Madrid, they just seem like the biggest underachieving club there is. they go through world class players and managers and only manage scarce victories. when was the last time they won the UCL? or were even runners up?

a Liverpool supporter here, but I would definately say Man U is a much more successful club than Real, and why Ronaldo wants to leave is beyond me. ditto for Kaka. maybe they just want money
Madrid last won the champions league in 2002 and before that 2000 and 1998. That's pretty successful, and more then manchester have won it in the same period.

yes they have been underachievers of late, but how else can you fix that without a new manager/players?

Madrid have a better chance of winning it then milan, and It's been ronaldo's boyhood dream to play for real madrid, just as it has been for thousands of poor south america children.

with kaka and ronaldo joining, i wouldn't be surprised if they were seriously competitive in europe next year.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

no they're not.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Madrid have a better chance of winning it then milan, and It's been ronaldo's boyhood dream to play for real madrid, just as it has been for thousands of poor south america children.
Wait, what? I'm not sure if you're just comparing them for the sake of it, or because you don't actually know where Portugal is. Or you're making an awesome Arrested Development reference.

Also lol at the guy who thinks Man Utd have been more successful than Real

u-borat

Banned
HSC
real are not going to win ANYTHING with a defence featuring such stalwarts as pepe, heinze, metzelder, drenthe and marcelo (ramos is the sole exception. oh and maybe garay)

Charizard

HSC
Wait, what? I'm not sure if you're just comparing them for the sake of it, or because you don't actually know where Portugal is. Or you're making an awesome Arrested Development reference.

Also lol at the guy who thinks Man Utd have been more successful than Real
I was reasoning the kaka and the ronaldo transfer from a non money related standpoint (if there is one).

Kaka has a better chance of european glory in the coming years at madrid then milan,.

The portugal bit is because its fairly common there for the boys growing up in the poorer areas of portugal (and other south american countries) to idolise playing for madrid, that is its their boyhood dream. Hence why Ronaldo has always stated he eventually wanted to end up at Madrid, because it's been his boyhood dream.

I fairly aware of the differences between Portugal, Italy and Spain, but i can see how you may have misinterpreted it.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
real are not going to win ANYTHING with a defence featuring such stalwarts as pepe, heinze, metzelder, drenthe and marcelo (ramos is the sole exception. oh and maybe garay)
I think their worst mistake was sacking Capello, who brought in a strong defensive unit, now they look mediocre in defence

Roy9

HSC
record deal.

man u shouldn't have let him go easily, but eh, whatevs
£80m pounds is easily?

I nearly creamed myself thinking of all the Utd fans that will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

Charizard

HSC
£80m pounds is easily?

I nearly creamed myself thinking of all the Utd fans that will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.
A lot of united fans i know don't really care.

Most united fans don't even like Ronaldo most of the time, they know hes a petulant cunt who has no committment.

The only way this will turn sour is they spend the 80 million on flops and don't win anything next year.

johony

HSC
lol at letting him go so easily, he wants to leave and it's a world record fee...what else are they meant to do?
Roy9 said:
£80m pounds is easily?

ronaldo is arguably man u's most public face, his face represents the brand that is man united. my initial thought is that would affect man u's business in terms of merchandise sales and whatever overseas; but then again revenues would unlikely reach that amount of his transfer fee. and i didn't read the part where he wanted to leave.

hoecake

HSC
it was bound to happen, but i still cant get my head around it.

man utd done well, and i still think barca will be on top - real havent done jack about that defence of theirs

and i kinda doubt vermaelen's reported 5'11' height, he looks a lot bigger in pictures

Roy9

HSC
A lot of united fans i know don't really care.

Most united fans don't even like Ronaldo most of the time, they know hes a petulant cunt who has no committment.

The only way this will turn sour is they spend the 80 million on flops and don't win anything next year.
Yeah, the United fans that are actually decent people and don't have their head halfway stuck their arse will be fine with it. It's just all the kids I see at training that have Ronaldo jerseys and all the fanboys I see on other forums that will most likely turn emo over it.

Anyone play Fifa here? All the Utd abusers from Fifa 09 will now all migrate to using Real in Fifa 10.

Was bored so I decided to post this:

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Utd supporters saying they won't miss Ronaldo are delusional. He is irreplaceable for them. In many ways, he has papered over cracks not fixed since RVN left for Madrid. He scored a lot of vital goals for Utd. Rooney cannot shoulder the load on his own and with Tevez out the door, Berbatov sure as hell can't score 30 goals a season.

I don't really rate Ribery as a viable replacement. Decent player but not worth anything more than what Wenger paid for Arshavin imo. Utd will no doubt pay over for Ribery as Bayern will play hardball and Fergie's wad of cash will burn a hole in his pocket.

Imo Fergie should be after Villa and Silva in a Valenica firesale. If Benitez gets to these two players first then I think that is enough to give Liverpool the title. Torres and Villa up front and a midfield of Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano-Silva is the equal of Utd's, indeed, probably superior. Liverpool drove Utd to within four points with Torres missing half the season and Ronaldo scoring a lot of crucial goals for Utd.

In saying all this, like Mourinho, Ronaldo may be a bit of a twat but his absence is a loss for the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)