• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Football (1 Viewer)

Redbeard

HSC
It wasn't revived by me. Someone else revived it yesterday, and you have posted since then, so why only say this now?

Hampsters-rul

HSC
Football as it should be refered to, it is my favourite sport in the world,
Anybody read FOOTBALL Fever in tuesdays daily telegraph and anybody listen to FOOTBALL Fever on the radio on sunday nights cause i do

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
No point in changing the name of the NT, really.

Maybe by the next generation when football is commonly referred to as football by all Australians then they might think of a new nickname :D

sk1001

HSC
Exphate said:
Oh and a question, just for lulz.

Why, if it is called FOOTBALL, is our national team called the SOCCERoos, and not the FOOTBALLroos?

/debate.

Call it whatever you want. They kick the fucking ball. Does it make a differenence!?
who gives a fuck. biggest point for me, fuckers like afl and nfl and rugby and shit use "football" when the fuckers use their hands more often than their feet. Where's the fucking logic cunts? fucking fuckwits.

Seejay

HSC
^^^^ hahah so true
but yes, only reason we used to call it soccer is cos of americans and their influence

Numero Uno

HSC
sk1001 said:
who gives a fuck. biggest point for me, fuckers like afl and nfl and rugby and shit use "football" when the fuckers use their hands more often than their feet. Where's the fucking logic cunts? fucking fuckwits.

thats gold

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
sk1001 said:
Well said.

ConjOB

HSC
sooooorrrrrcccaaaahhhhhrrrr - sheila's, wogs and poofters

p.s. i played league, boring as fuck, stuck in 2nd row and the game required zero skill, after 3 or 4 games i was on of the better players because i wasnt to pussy to hit someone etc. However football i played and am still learning and improving, such a far more complex skillful game where as league consists of scrotem grabs and rolling around with another dude getting muddy

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
ConjOB said:

p.s. i played league, boring as fuck, stuck in 2nd row and the game required zero skill, after 3 or 4 games i was on of the better players because i wasnt to pussy to hit someone etc. However football i played and am still learning and improving, such a far more complex skillful game where as league consists of scrotem grabs and rolling around with another dude getting muddy
:uhhuh:

sk1001

HSC
ConjOB said:

What were training sessions like? Kicking the ball and then running into solid brick walls?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Why, if it is called FOOTBALL, is our national team called the SOCCERoos, and not the FOOTBALLroos?
Why does Australia have to give a nickname to most of it's sporting teams?
Socceroos
Olyroos
Hockeyroos [ Or something]
Boomers [ Or something]
Wallabies
etc.

ConjOB

HSC
sk1001 said:
What were training sessions like? Kicking the ball and then running into solid brick walls?
Nope, only a few people were allowed to kick the ball (which is weird as i played football before hand but grew tired of the coaching at my local club and switched to league and was better at 'kicking' than the rest anyways).

Pretty much you would catch a ball, run into guys holding pads and hug each other

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Why does Australia have to give a nickname to most of it's sporting teams?
Socceroos
Olyroos
Hockeyroos [ Or something]
Boomers [ Or something]
Wallabies
etc.
i think you will find most countires have nicknames for their teams in allsports. the australian media just uses them as a quick way to differentiate the teams from each other. would be annoying if everytime they had to say "australian mens basketball team" "australian mens hockey team" etc

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
blakegman said:
i think you will find most countires have nicknames for their teams in allsports. the australian media just uses them as a quick way to differentiate the teams from each other. would be annoying if everytime they had to say "australian mens basketball team" "australian mens hockey team" etc
..England, the Three Lions

sk1001

HSC
ConjOB said:
Nope, only a few people were allowed to kick the ball (which is weird as i played football before hand but grew tired of the coaching at my local club and switched to league and was better at 'kicking' than the rest anyways).

Pretty much you would catch a ball, run into guys holding pads and hug each other
fkn homoz

lachlan43

Having played all four codes, I can safely say that football is by far the most enjoyable, followed by rugby union, then rugby league, and finally, Australian rules. Football is just so complex as far as the range of skills a player needs in comparison to the rest of the sports.

A

ahlawaiya

Wouldn't it b awsome if we had a channel just dedicated to football [showing local + international games], not even the news gives a shit about the major comps...I mean i'm sick of seeing cricket on tv all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)