For All Those Exchange Students (1 Viewer)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
i've applied for exchange through rotary and have my first interview on tuesday.

does anyone know what will be involved in the interview? what type of questions, thing to take along? etc etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

rawrburritos

HSC
is there a particular reason you chose to go through rotary?
last i heard, they make your switch host families quite often during your stay..
dunno if thats completely true

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
im going through rotary bcoz all the other places have $85+ non-refundable admin fees.

with rotary you change host families every 3 months or so.

rawrburritos

HSC
if the $ 85 fee is the only reason your with rotary, you should think about changing.
when i was on exchange , i stayed with 1 family the whole time, and tbh it was the best thing that happened to me. on the other hand, i knew a girl who was getting switched around a lot thru rotary, and she was constantly becoming lonelier at home .. she was never rlly happy at her guest home, and when she finally was, she was pulled out and sent to another one all too soon

just my 2 cents

Peartie

HSC
i agree with above...i found it alot better staying in the one town and one family for my school exchange (granted it was less time) but it meant it was alot easier to actually meet people, and once you had friends it wasnt like you were suddenly uprooted and taken to the other side of the country...

but ive heard lots of good things about Rotary as well!

Good Luck in any case!!!

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
With a 12 month Rotary exchange you stay with 4 different families in the same area.
so you go to the same school.

rawrburritos

HSC
With a 12 month Rotary exchange you stay with 4 different families in the same area.
so you go to the same school.
once again though, you dont spend most of your time at school
its mostly at home, this is where things can go wrong..

your emotions will become a lot more fragile when you leave, whether or not you think your tough minded at the moment.. you should at least consider changing. ultimately, up to u

where are you going btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)