• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

For first years: What would you like to see more from the commerce society (COMSOC) (3 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I got voted in as first year representative today for comsoc :)
I'm asking you guys to contribute to let me know what kind of stuff you wish to see happen.
I'm going to suggest having a 1st year camp.
Also, I want to see a bit more marketing + hrm based info provided when you join up.
The show bags also need to be spiced up to compete with AYBC.
Also, I want to liase with other faculty societies to make it almost cross-promotional.

So any suggestions, none too stupid, are welcome.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Push for an alliance with the UNSW comsoc in order to try and end stupid "usyd v unsw commerce" debates. Perhaps joint social events, like the UNSW/MACQ/UTS/USYD chinese society cruises.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cheers mate. a good idea.
i wasnt aware of usyd vs unsw debates. i thought that unsw was meant to have a better eco, bus, com faculty.
I went to usyd for the better social life :)

aditya

HSC
well usyd has a mad eco business com faculty :mad: U IDIOT WHAT KIND OF LEADER ARE U OMG... disgraceful... i suggest something, have u removed, fkn idiot....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
piss off.
am i meant to admit that the harvard/yale/oxford faculties are also less powerful then the usyd one? Just because I'm on the executive commitee?
Should I also completely ignore the good university guide's recommendations? Because I'm 1st year rep?
I'm not the representative of the economic and business faculty. I'm the represantative for the commerce society.
If you fail to notice the difference, then you shouldn't be at uni.
I will however, try and suggest the newly appointed and newly filled "education" girl to try and liase with the faculty to give suggestions on how to improve courses etc.

Rorix

HSC
Perhaps, like, just a suggestion, that the person who is supposed to be representing 1st years actually like, managed to post the thread in the right section?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
What section should I have posted this in?
Many students from other faculties study in subject in eco and bus.
I also think that the comsoc should facilitate students in arts etc courses as much as the commerce ones.
Valuable skills can be learnt from joining such a society in the business world.

Rorix

HSC
Oh, if that's so, why didn't you just post it in the general uni forum.

Because it would be helpful to facilitate people from other universities.

5c

HSC
yeh i would like to have a yr1 com camp - like wat other uni's have

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that would have been a good idea rorix. your first suggestion i agree with

aditya

HSC
i was gonna apologise but ur retarded state wunt understand it anyway....

what kind of spastic says the commerce society and the ecnomics and business faculty are two completely different stories...

and where did u get yale harvard and shit from.... i ddint say promote it, i just said dont put it down... the commerce society evidently allocates substantial resources to career progression once graduating from sydney, i doubt theyd want this idiot 1time4thepeople bagging out the course quality... the course is fine, u dunt know shit on how to improve the course, dunt even think about recommending ways to improve the course....

commerce society is about marketing, if u market usyds graduates correctly then they or us, will prosper... i cant believe u dunt understand that.... and id realli like to know where u got yale harvard from, i didnt even say it was better than unsw, i jsut dunt know, and the good unviersities guide gave more stars to usyd then it did to unsw.... i swear wen u speak im gonna throw my lunch at u... fkn idiot i swear....

i shouldnt be at uni? riight, u shouldnt even be allowed in the country.... get the fuck out we have shortages of SKILED labour we dunt need u....

and by the way, i notice the difference, i also notice the connection... if u werent so narrow minded im sure u would to... lol and i just noticed u want to work in marketing!!! great job ur ognna do for ur employer

*btw im all for the end of unsw vs usyd*

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
No need to get all worked up.
I fail to see where 1time "bagged out" the USyd commerce faculty...
You want an end to the USyd v UNSW debate, yet you get all defensive about comments such as 1time's. You should be happy you go to the most prestigious uni in the country.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
when did i bag out usyd commerce plus eco

aditya said:
i was gonna apologise but ur retarded state wunt understand it anyway....

what kind of spastic says the commerce society and the ecnomics and business faculty are two completely different stories...

and where did u get yale harvard and shit from.... i ddint say promote it, i just said dont put it down... the commerce society evidently allocates substantial resources to career progression once graduating from sydney, i doubt theyd want this idiot 1time4thepeople bagging out the course quality... the course is fine, u dunt know shit on how to improve the course, dunt even think about recommending ways to improve the course....

commerce society is about marketing, if u market usyds graduates correctly then they or us, will prosper... i cant believe u dunt understand that.... and id realli like to know where u got yale harvard from, i didnt even say it was better than unsw, i jsut dunt know, and the good unviersities guide gave more stars to usyd then it did to unsw.... i swear wen u speak im gonna throw my lunch at u... fkn idiot i swear....

i shouldnt be at uni? riight, u shouldnt even be allowed in the country.... get the fuck out we have shortages of SKILED labour we dunt need u....

and by the way, i notice the difference, i also notice the connection... if u werent so narrow minded im sure u would to... lol and i just noticed u want to work in marketing!!! great job ur ognna do for ur employer

*btw im all for the end of unsw vs usyd*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Minai said:
No need to get all worked up.
I fail to see where 1time "bagged out" the USyd commerce faculty...
You want an end to the USyd v UNSW debate, yet you get all defensive about comments such as 1time's. You should be happy you go to the most prestigious uni in the country.
and thanks minai. I was talking to ppl about the end to usyd vs unsw thing today at the party. sorry if this post isnt constructiv.e im quiet drunk after the comsoc party. which was well.
iid love som joint ujnsw eventsw with usyd
met some unsw ppl therr tooo

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
piss off.
am i meant to admit that the harvard/yale/oxford faculties are also less powerful then the usyd one? Just because I'm on the executive commitee?
Should I also completely ignore the good university guide's recommendations? Because I'm 1st year rep?
I'm not the representative of the economic and business faculty. I'm the represantative for the commerce society.
If you fail to notice the difference, then you shouldn't be at uni.
I will however, try and suggest the newly appointed and newly filled "education" girl to try and liase with the faculty to give suggestions on how to improve courses etc.
u're pathetic. I'm not doing any of the crap listed here...otherwise I would've made sure I kicked ur lil arse off the job.

[discliamer: some of the things told might not be of serious nature...perhaps it might be of an irony/cliche/sarcasm for some un-named other pple....or perhaps u. We do not take resposiblity of any kind watsoever regarding damages done to u by this post.....excluding....sex changes and periods caused.]

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd like to see more pirates. And croutons. You can never get enough croutons.

aditya

HSC
err ok.. saying something so stupid like - i knew the unsw blah blah was better i just went to usy dfor the better social life... i think that classifies as bagging out usyds ability to educate....

ill give u an analogy... yeh i know that girl has a great personality but i fucked that other girl cuz of her huge tits... that means ur bagging out the other girl cuz she lacks tits... correspondingly... ur bagging out usyds eco n business... im getting tired of explaining eveyrhting to u, u obviously arent very smart.... exams arouse u... thats just great...

and y wouldnt i be defensive now, i dunt see any collaboration yet... once it happens ill be the first to abide by it... "i met people at unsw" great... thats just great... i know like 30 people at unsw....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
aditya said:
err ok.. saying something so stupid like - i knew the unsw blah blah was better i just went to usy dfor the better social life... i think that classifies as bagging out usyds ability to educate....

ill give u an analogy... yeh i know that girl has a great personality but i fucked that other girl cuz of her huge tits... that means ur bagging out the other girl cuz she lacks tits... correspondingly... ur bagging out usyds eco n business... im getting tired of explaining eveyrhting to u, u obviously arent very smart.... exams arouse u... thats just great...

and y wouldnt i be defensive now, i dunt see any collaboration yet... once it happens ill be the first to abide by it... "i met people at unsw" great... thats just great... i know like 30 people at unsw....
No, I'm not bagging out the ability of usyd to educate. Shit, practically any major aus university has a high standard of education and usyd is in the top 5 from memory.
But, unsw is considered to have a marginally (only by a bit) higher standard of education apparently.
I believe in the 'total' university experience and social life makes up a huge part in it.
Your analogy is completely stupid. It just means you value tits over personality. It's personal choice.
What I am saying isn't just about personal choice - it is based on guides such as the good uni guide as well as rankings and base salaries.
Granted, there's not that much difference between the two faculties: but overall usyd is the better experience with the social factor involved.
Also the term 'bagging' is unjustified. I am merely comparing them. As I have repeated many times I never said "UNSW IS TEH COOL. IT MAKES ME HAPPY IN MY PANTS! L33T COMMERCE DEGREE! 10XXXXX BETTA THEN USYD"
But, judging from you proposing that I can't bag out a uni I'm enrolled in, let alone represent:
Harvared, Yales, Oxford, Cambridge are all shit unis. Their courses compared to usyd are crap.
Oh and UNSW winning the award for teaching the best accounting course (from the eco and business faculties) was completely rigged. They must have been paid.

I remmember what the term for people like you is, now: Fanboy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)