• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

For first years: What would you like to see more from the commerce society (COMSOC) (2 Viewers)

aditya

HSC
sigh... i agree with the first half your thing, and im sorry, i overreacted... but hte second part just proves that ur an idiot.... so i dno what to think anymore........

its just that u said it so lightly and i didnt like that becasue ur the 1st year rep, and personalli i dont want some bimbo cunt leading the reputation of our uni... ur gonna be associating with heaps of important people, i dunt want u to go around telling everyone that unsw has the better faculty etc.

and i dno about u, but to everyone else sees a commerce degree as something more than jsut accounting.... finance and economics....

and that comment about tits, was just an example, not a reflection of anything.... but it was correct.... u just changed ur words to make urself sound less wrong... but anyway... i have no respect for u so wateva...

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thank you. i dont mind being an idiot, as long as I'm a correct idiot.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how was that patronising?
You seem to have a warped sense of the english language. First I'm bagging out usyd, now I'm patronising.
and please don't reply here anymore. We should stop spamming,
More suggestions please

sarevok

HSC
How can I join COMSOC because I didn't join it during O-Week?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'll find out for you sarevok and get back to you. I'll drop the president a line.
Membership is $10.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
aditya said:
sigh... i agree with the first half your thing, and im sorry, i overreacted... but hte second part just proves that ur an idiot.... so i dno what to think anymore........

its just that u said it so lightly and i didnt like that becasue ur the 1st year rep, and personalli i dont want some bimbo cunt leading the reputation of our uni... ur gonna be associating with heaps of important people, i dunt want u to go around telling everyone that unsw has the better faculty etc.

and i dno about u, but to everyone else sees a commerce degree as something more than jsut accounting.... finance and economics....

and that comment about tits, was just an example, not a reflection of anything.... but it was correct.... u just changed ur words to make urself sound less wrong... but anyway... i have no respect for u so wateva...
You see, it's people like you that give USyd it's reputation of being snobbish. You go to the most prestigious uni in the country, and yet your worried about its reputation and get all defensive when someone mentions its commerce degree isn't the best in the world. If he was making it all up, then I could understand, but he isn't.

If you can't accept facts for what they are, then I dunno..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wow, you also edited your post after the first time I read it. I guess it slightly redeemed your other comments.

I have noticed how snobbish usyd is. I mean I'm snobbish myself. I think it's the best uni in Australia. I'm saying this not having visited any but unsw.
Perhaps the reason is that there's nothing really to dislike about usyd. You go there, you have fun, great social life, good lecturers, good people etc.
That coupled with the 'prestigious' label and it can go to ones head.

EDIT: Just saw your reply to 'best business/commerce uni on earth'
aditya said:
nuviersity of sydney
Even a usyd dean will tell you that it's not the best bus/com uni on earth.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AHAHHAHAHHA THIS IS GOLD!!!!
Look what you said 20th December 2004, 11:33 PM
aditya said:
lol my point exactly... unsw is better however, but usyd is no slouch... no retard like certain people are making it out to be....

the same comparison with the finance major will see that usyd is better - imho... =) by the same degree might i add...
suddenly now that you go to usyd youve gotten a big head?

aditya

HSC
err... are u stupid.... that quote just proves that im not being a snob, im being genuine...

*that other quote was funny though*

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I have a serious question. What exactly does COMSOC do? And what advantages are there when becoming a member?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sarevok said:
How can I join COMSOC because I didn't join it during O-Week?
Hey stas,
We'll be doing final handing out of m'ship cards and bags at the PwC
interview skills workshop on Thurs. If anyone else seems interested to
join, tell them to come along to that (1-2pm, MLR 3) and we'll help them
out.
Throughout the year, people can "sign up" online and their application is
sent to me (but this will be changed to Nicole ASAP). I just reply with a
quick note saying their details have been registered but they have to pay
before they are officially a member and organise an appropriate time/place
for payment. So, if anyone else asks - tell them to fill out the online
form!
Thanks Stas,
Sarah xox

stazi

Nightman
HSC
aditya said:
err... are u stupid.... that quote just proves that im not being a snob, im being genuine...

*that other quote was funny though*
really? to me it proves that at one stage you were genuine and since you started going to usyd youve become a snob.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
I have a serious question. What exactly does COMSOC do? And what advantages are there when becoming a member?
Yep, have a look through the mentioned website. Comsoc organises a spectrum of events ranging from social to sports to careers.
Social: Balls (because everyone likes testicles), bbq's, cocktail parties, pub crawls
Careers: Meet some important people high up in the world of economics and commerce related fields. Get interview tips and even get hired by them into their companies.
Sports: Various sports against other faculties.

aditya

HSC
Hey absolution, if ur the clubbing type i rekn AYBC is gun.... cuz i joined comsoc then i read this poster for AYBC and they were giving away passes to home and cave and yeh thats heaps more pointful than the partying stuff comsoc do... imho... but comsoc is way better for careers stuff... awesoem for that, i was trully amazed at the stuff they manage to organise... good work.

but the thing is u can just goto those careers events at will, even if ur not a comsoc member... so i dno lol.. its only 10 bucks

and man, what u see and what actualli is are two different things...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i was gonna join aybc, but was slightly discouraged when i overheard some guy trying to sign a girl up say "you should join cos we're very friendly as we're nearly all asian :)"

hmm, sorry, i'm white, guess im not eligible hahaha

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well comsoc has many of the finance society's sponsors as well. - big advantage.
And aybc isnt that big on social life :p Don't think many of them go clubbing.
It is primarily asian as well (even though they dont officially admit it).
Don't get me wrong, both society's are excellent, but I personally got my money back from aybc and joined comsoc as its a lot more established, has better contacts and was more what I was looking for.

aditya

HSC
yeh so what if it does, ur only first yr, and u want to goto liberal studies, which means that ur gonna be at usyd for 4 years!.. y care about business contacts so earli...

but i got a suggestion for u (sincerly im not being a smart ass) - could u guys pelase goto the clubs around sydney and get some passes, either admit or buy one get one free sorta thing... u into clubbing?? if ur not pm me and ill msg u names of clubs u can contact.... cuz aybc got these free passes.... dunt get me wrong, like i said comsoc is a miracle, its mad how they got ubs and have pwc doing that interview or wteva workshop.. good shit...

but yeh, personally instead of uni events it would be mad if u could just get vouchers or special admittance to get intoo clubs!!! give it a go, free clubbing = more drinks wen ur inside... im sure u undeerstand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)