fOr LeGaL sTuDeNtS.... (1 Viewer)

sal17

HSC
can sum1 pls help me out with this crime qstn:

using an example, explain how the law adresses issues concerning the rights of victims, the accused and the community in relation to crime...

i don't get what its asking for and where in the syllabus does it come?

lewis99

HSC
using an example, explain how the law adresses issues concerning the rights of victims, the accused and the community in relation to crime...

i don't get what its asking for and where in the syllabus does it come?

I think the part of the syllabus this fits into is the sentencing process. Don't forget the 6 themes as well, which can be applied in the legal course at just about any point.

This question is asking about the way in which the law addrssing the rights of the 3 principle groups affected by any crime - the victim, the accused and society. For example, the victim has rights which are upheld by the law eg the right to know what is happening in the investigation of the case, the right to be present in court to hear the case, the right to give evidence etc. The accused has righst as well - eg the right to be considered innocent until proven otherwise, the right to have a standard of proof applied to a case - beyond reasonable doubt, the right to hear all charges against them and all evidence, also that the onus of proof falls on the prosecution means that the defence has only to create doubt. For the community, incarceration protects the community from continued abuse from the accused etc.

Hope that makes sense.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Oh, yeah...I think I had that question in one my exams...Ummm.
Rights of victim such as right to be protected, to give a victim impact statement etc
Rights of accused such as innocent until proven guilty, right to have their case heard in court
Right of community such as to be protected from offenders, justice should be served etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)