• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

For people who do Economics, Commerce ,etc (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

I went to the info day today and this has been bugging me abit after hearing from a 2nd year student who transfered from USYD to UNSW.

Are you guys always hanging around the Mereweather building and feel completely isolated cause the person who told me this felt this way and tranfered to UNSW because he saw the same people everyday?

And if you do something like Commerce/Science or anything doubled with Commerce, do you have to move around whole place for lectures and tutorials?

cimbom

HSC
hahaha.. why would you transfer to unsw because you're around the same people every day??

I do economics. We spend alot of time in Merewether. But Merewether is cool :) . It's across the road from the Wentworth Building, right on City Road, and close to the Redfern Stn entry. You end up knowing everybody doing commerce/economics because you're around each other all the time and do the same basic econ, ecmt, acct.. etc core subjects.

But you don't spend all of the time in Merewether. You have some lectures and tutes near Carslaw, particularly lectures in Eastern Avenue Auditorium . And people who do double degrees like commerce/arts do spend alot of time on camperdown campus as well.

HSC
N/A
housemouse said:
I went to the info day today and this has been bugging me abit after hearing from a 2nd year student who transfered from USYD to UNSW.

Are you guys always hanging around the Mereweather building and feel completely isolated cause the person who told me this felt this way and tranfered to UNSW because he saw the same people everyday?

And if you do something like Commerce/Science or anything doubled with Commerce, do you have to move around whole place for lectures and tutorials?

I'm doing Arts/Commerce. I was all over the place last year.....in fact I'd rather have my classes in the same area constantly than run around like mad from place to place. Seriously, it can be annoying.

As for my econ + bus subjects specifically, I had classes mainly in Merewether, the economics building and the engineering area (? I have no idea why...), oh and also Carslaw. These buildings are generally clustered on the redfern side of City road, so I guess I could see what you mean.

If you want to see different people than WALK AROUND the campus, maybe? Join a society, go to uni parties...besides you'll most likely have to go to the library at some stage, which is towards the other side of the campus. And Manning of course, unless you have a problem with alcohol.

I really don't see a reason to be concerned. How social you are depends on yourself, not on your degree...

H

housemouse

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Its just that the 2nd year student who told me about this seemed extremely troubled by this which is why he transfered to unsw.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well if you're a white guy, you're going to think all asians look the same when you come to unsw...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what's wrong with seeing the same people? it's a great feeling - as you always see someone you can talk to and know. I don't feel restricted to merewether at all, btw. ive probably had about 60% of my subs there, and the other 40% all over the place.

ditto.

HSC
As if you wouldn't want to see a hot piece of ass like stas all the fucking time! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)