For Skinny Ppl..How Do I get Bigger i.e muscle growth (1 Viewer)

born2bkinggg

HSC
i am relatively thin...i want muscles like bruce lee...basically i just want to get bigger how do i do this without spending too much money? do protein shakes work?

Nat3skiz

HSC
if you want to go crazy and have your balls shrink before your eyes, by all means take steroids. If not, eat plenty of protein, preferable in the form of meats(roughly 1 gram protein per pound of body weight) and work out at least 3 times a week for a good half hour or more. Eat plenty of carbs and if you can't get enough protein per day without shakes, then have the shakes. But theres no point working out if you don't eat enough of the right food.

quik.

HSC
Muscles like bruce lee. Oh man.

If you want to build mass, heavy weights + lots of good food will get you there.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
if you want to go crazy and have your balls shrink before your eyes, by all means take steroids.
Oh please...

Can we stop with the mis-information people? While you don't have to condone steroids, and yes, obviously they are illegal in Australia, don't bad mouth something you know nothing about. 'Go crazy' ? Roid rage is a myth. And if it does exist, it occurs in a very small percentage of people, much like an aggressive drunk. Just because some people can't handle it, that doesn't meant others should have to suffer an all-out ban.
Oh, and ball-shrinkage? Temporary. When you pump yourself with testosterone, your body thinks "Holy F***! Thats a whole lot of testosterone, i better stop making it!" and thus, your testes atrophy. Once you are off the roids, and done a post-steroid therapy cycle (all up, roids and therapy, about 12-18 weeks), they return to normal.

You guys would surprised how many people are juicing. Especially how many 'drug tested' athletes are stabbing themselves.

Now. I am going to use my psychic powers to predict that above will throw this off topic. So if you wanna respond to this, start a new thread. Or PM me, i suppose...

Ok, back on topic.

Do get bigger:
- Volume of weight. Volume is king. Pick a good weight, don't cheat yourself, and the more work you do with it, the better. This does not mean a gut-busting all out set to failure repeated 5 times. 3 sets of 10 is 30 reps of volume. Where as 10 sets of 5, with the same weight, is 50 reps of volume. You have done more work, and probably a whole lot less sore.
- Protein. Meat is best, and always will be. 1 - 1.5 grams per POUND of bodyweight. So, Take your Kilos, times by 2.2 to get pounds, and then times by 1-1.5. For example, if you are a lean mass of 70kg, that would mean 154 - 231 grams of protein. A Day.
- Calories. Up your protein, but also up everything else. Fats are good, do not run away from them. Your joints and testosterone levels (test is very influenced by fat, especially saturated fat) will thank you. Just try to go for good sources. Avoid packaged food, and if you do buy packaged, if it has more than 5 ingredients to make it - thats probably a bad thing.
How many calories do you need? Don't count them, just eat more than you eat now. When that stops working, add more. Simple!
- Sleep. To gain, eat a little more, move a little less. Also, all growing is done while sleeping. Training provides a reason to grow, food provides the resources, and sleeping gets the job done.
- Supplements. You don't need them, and if you are strapped for cash, food is always the better option. Generally speaking all meals should be food, and if you can afford it, a protein+carb shake after training is good.

born2bkinggg said:
i want muscles like bruce lee
Bwhahahhaha.

Bruce was small. My favourite line from the his wikipedia article talk about him gaining weight from weight training up to 160lbs ! Wooow, look out! Thats around 72.5kg ! (he was also around 5ft 7 or 5ft 8).

Bruce Lee was LEAN. He had a very, very, very low level of body fat. Not big muscles. If you want to look like him, diet.

I suppose it comes down to your definition of muscular. Does it mean 'very visible muscles" or "very big muscles" ?
Bruce filled the first, but definitely not the second.

And sorry all, i haven't had breakfast yet, I'm in a moderately aggressive mood.

Last edited:

NinjaSauce

HSC
Well, i don't even know your starting weight and leaness. Do you have anything to show off?

And i am definately not the expert on leaning up.

But word of warning... It is very hard to keep abs and gain muscle at the same time (after your beginner spurt). At least with any effeciency.

*shrugs shoulders* I'm out.

Nat3skiz

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Oh please...

Can we stop with the mis-information people? While you don't have to condone steroids, and yes, obviously they are illegal in Australia, don't bad mouth something you know nothing about. 'Go crazy' ? Roid rage is a myth. And if it does exist, it occurs in a very small percentage of people, much like an aggressive drunk. Just because some people can't handle it, that doesn't meant others should have to suffer an all-out ban.
Oh, and ball-shrinkage? Temporary. When you pump yourself with testosterone, your body thinks "Holy F***! Thats a whole lot of testosterone, i better stop making it!" and thus, your testes atrophy. Once you are off the roids, and done a post-steroid therapy cycle (all up, roids and therapy, about 12-18 weeks), they return to normal.
hahah ok. i'm assuming i hit a nerve? you've used them? i wouldn't make a statement if i hadn't known alot about the topic. Maybe i exagerated but its more than a small percentage who've had anger problems, mental swings, and some people go through psychosis, where they forget weeks or months at a time. Saying people "can't handle it" is true, and some can cope with it better but it has effects on everyone, and its not really something humans were meant to consume. Type roid rage into google....
NinjaSauce said:
Bruce was small. My favourite line from the his wikipedia article talk about him gaining weight from weight training up to 160lbs ! Wooow, look out! Thats around 72.5kg ! (he was also around 5ft 7 or 5ft 8).

Bruce Lee was LEAN. He had a very, very, very low level of body fat. Not big muscles. If you want to look like him, diet.

I suppose it comes down to your definition of muscular. Does it mean 'very visible muscles" or "very big muscles" ?
Bruce filled the first, but definitely not the second.
back on topic, this is true, dieting will get you bruce lee's lean ripped physique. Despite his size he was extremely strong, above average for his muscle mass, and trained extremely hard to look like he did, so don't expect to look like him by pumping weights and eating heaps.

nevertheless, you need to be dedicated to put on the weight, good luck.

born2bkinggg

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Steriods.

And work the f*ck out like crazy.

(I feel i've posted this before... *ponders*)

(sighs)

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
born2bkinggg said:

(sighs)
Fine. Just do the protein shake thingys and work the f*ck out like crazy.

quik.

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
hahah ok. i'm assuming i hit a nerve? you've used them? i wouldn't make a statement if i hadn't known alot about the topic. Maybe i exagerated but its more than a small percentage who've had anger problems, mental swings, and some people go through psychosis, where they forget weeks or months at a time. Saying people "can't handle it" is true, and some can cope with it better but it has effects on everyone, and its not really something humans were meant to consume. Type roid rage into google....
Unless you have an extensive history of either use or adminstration, then yeah you do need to stop voicing such an ignorant opinion. The best you've got is google? Most fully trained doctors have a misguided and ignorant view of steroids, but you 'know alot'? A pretty small percentage of powerlifters, bodybuilders, and other elite athletes would know enough to comment. You don't. There's enough misinformation spread about steroids and the 'horrible side effects' they produce already, please don't add to it.

Nat3skiz

HSC
quik. said:
Unless you have an extensive history of either use or adminstration, then yeah you do need to stop voicing such an ignorant opinion. The best you've got is google? Most fully trained doctors have a misguided and ignorant view of steroids, but you 'know alot'? A pretty small percentage of powerlifters, bodybuilders, and other elite athletes would know enough to comment. You don't. There's enough misinformation spread about steroids and the 'horrible side effects' they produce already, please don't add to it.
this did go off topic...
i never said i only used google, i know of people who've taken anabolic steroids, and i'm sure if you gathered enough information you'd know where i'm coming from. Theres lots of misinformation in the media, but not everything is incorrect, theres been so many cases.
but meh, i'm busy this week so i'll read the rants later. have fun.

bridgie14

Premium Member
HSC
eat lots of carbs and proteins
dont do cardio, do weights :)

quik.

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
this did go off topic...
i never said i only used google, i know of people who've taken anabolic steroids, and i'm sure if you gathered enough information you'd know where i'm coming from. Theres lots of misinformation in the media, but not everything is incorrect, theres been so many cases.
but meh, i'm busy this week so i'll read the rants later. have fun.
I know people who have to. You know what the common theme has been? They all went about it in a stupid way. If you use a substance in a stupid way, stupid things can happen. Hard to believe, I know.

Maybe you can use your week to read up on the subject. Because nothing you've said so far gives you the slightest authority on the matter.

stargaze

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
if you want to go crazy and have your balls shrink before your eyes, by all means take steroids. If not, eat plenty of protein, preferable in the form of meats(roughly 1 gram protein per pound of body weight) and work out at least 3 times a week for a good half hour or more. Eat plenty of carbs and if you can't get enough protein per day without shakes, then have the shakes. But theres no point working out if you don't eat enough of the right food.
You are an idiot.

Nat3skiz

HSC
stargaze said:
You are an idiot.
which part was incorrect?

quik. said:
I know people who have to. You know what the common theme has been? They all went about it in a stupid way. If you use a substance in a stupid way, stupid things can happen. Hard to believe, I know.

Maybe you can use your week to read up on the subject. Because nothing you've said so far gives you the slightest authority on the matter.
or YOU could read up, i've done my reading. I never considered myself an authority, just sharing an opinion, and i'll continue to do so.

quik.

HSC
Your OPINION is ignorant and misinformed. Keep it to yourself.

Nat3skiz

HSC
quik. said:
Your OPINION is ignorant and misinformed. Keep it to yourself.
Tis neither. Despite the bias i think that keeping an opinion to yourself on this site, regardless of knowledge, is improbable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)