For the Wolfmother fans (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
Wow, Mike Patton hates Wolfmother. That sure makes me hate them now. I'm going to create a cult that follows everything that Mike Patton does. Thankyou for opening my mind to the fact that Wolfmother are shit. I lost respect for that man with Faith No More. Mr Bungle kicked shit over them.

Some_Guy

HSC
I never said I agree with him. I just thought it was hilarious.

.. and i do agree with him.

Down with the Zeppelin clones!!

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Are people that stupid
Yes they are. Obviously people are buying tickets and albums. Unfortunately Wolfmother is a clone of several great '70s bands - the thing is, they are channeling a sound that has sadly been lost of late

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
He critisizes Wolfmother for making music for the past and then goes and says how he's going to make a record of 60's Italian music with an orchestra (that apparantly he's really psyched about)

What year are we in, Mike? Forgive me

spell check

HSC
i wish there was less wolfmother and mike patton and more amon tobin and dan the automator in, life?

Ishamael

Irate (o_0) Pirate
HSC
What's this guy's problem? Like he's ever been a real artist.
I personally love Wolfmother and Led Zep, despite allegations that they're clones.
Anyone who thinks they sound the same hasn't realy listened to both.
That would be like saying "Jeez Rage Against the Machine sounds like Cypress Hill"
It's the same genre ffs.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Ishamael said:
What's this guy's problem? Like he's ever been an artist.
I personally love Wolfmother and Led Zep, despite allegations that they're clones.
Anyone who thinks they sound the same hasn't realy listened to both.
That would be like saying "Jeez Rage Against the Machine sounds like Cypress Hill"
It's the same genre ffs
HAHAHAHAHAHA

PLEASE GET THE FUCK OUT AND COME BACK WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

Gangels

HSC
Some_Guy said:
I never said I agree with him. I just thought it was hilarious.

.. and i do agree with him.

Down with the Zeppelin clones!!
They sound more like cream, than Led Zeppelin. Anyone who thinks they're zeppelin rip offs has not listened to much music. You could also say that zeppelin sounded like Cream. I also think that andrew stockdale, on some occassions, sounds more like Ozzy Osbourne. If you listen to it properly, you'll hear that they're completely different. Anyone heard of 'The Answer'?

Mr Bungle kicked shit over anything else Patton did.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
wolfmother sound alot more like black sabbath with the use of powerchord riffs.

led zeppelin had a style that cannot be repeated, wolfmother do not sound like the zeps at all.
jimmy page was a awesome guitarist, an wolfmother dude(dunno his name off top of my head) is a good guitarist but not even in the same class as page

Some_Guy

HSC
Gangels said:
They sound more like cream, than Led Zeppelin. Anyone who thinks they're zeppelin rip offs has not listened to much music.
ok well ive listened to plenty of cream and sabbath and i still disagree, what else do they sound like?

Gangels said:
Mr Bungle kicked shit over anything else Patton did.
everything but FNM maybe

Gangels

HSC
Well said Bowman.

There's alot of Alice Cooper influence in there i reckon. Bit of Purple, keyboards sound alot like Floyd, theres a bit of Hendrix'x Rhythm in there and santana (old santana).

FNM were the most overrated thing in the world. But thats my opinion. he couldn't have done better than Mr Bungle and his album with dillinger.

Last edited:

Some_Guy

HSC
Perhaps i am too harsh on them. But for just another 'zep clone of the year' they are quite overated.

they also remind me of all those people i know who think they are musical elitists for listening to nothing but famous 70s rock bands.

some original riffs would be good also.

Some_Guy

HSC
Gangels said:
FNM were the most overrated thing in the world. But thats my opinion. he couldn't have done better than Mr Bungle and his album with dillinger.
overrated by who? youd be lucky to even hear 'epic' on the radio nowdays.

Gangels

HSC
They were incredibly popular, back in the day, just like Wolfmother are now. Soon, in about ten years, wolfmother will be in the same position. My point about FNM is that not as many people know about Mr Bungle, but, in my opinion, they were a much better band, just like Mike Patton and the Dillinger Escape Plan.

They're anything but musical elitests. Simple Riffs, Simple Melody, the only complex thing in that band is the keyboards, but simple can also be good. Look at Nirvana. Leonard Cohen is an elitest, so is bob dylan, joni mitchel, smashin pumpkins etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)